The holidays are in full-swing, and you know what that means…it’s time to deck the halls! But what’s that — you’re fresh out of boughs of holly? Red and green don’t go with your color scheme? No prob. We’ve got a couple super-simple, easy-peasy DIY ideas that you might even wanna keep around beyond December!
First up, a boho-beautiful tree…
For this, you’ll need:
- a vase, bottle, or vessel of your choice (wine demijohns work great for this, and can be found at wine supply stores all over)
- a few branches (we snipped ours from a peach tree, but you can also find manzanita branches at many craft stores)
- a gold paint pen
- With These Rings Garland
- Tiny Twinkling String Lights
- agate slices with pre-drilled holes (find ’em on Etsy, jewelry supply shops, or even Ebay)
Use the gold paint pen to trace around the outer edges of the agate slices, adding just a touch of festive bling. Once dry, thread string through the pre-drilled holes.
After that, all you have to do is string with lights, drape on the garland, and hang your lovely agate ornaments on the branches! Crazy-simple, right?
Next up, a snowy ‘n’ sweet terrarium!
For this one, you’ll need:
- Gem of Garden Terrarium
- cotton balls
- model or diorama trees (find ’em at a hobby store), or branch tips trimmed from a live evergreen
- whatever sparkly things and doodads your heart desires
Gently tear and fluff the cotton balls, then arrange inside the terrarium.
Zhush up your tiny trees with mini poms, a spare necklace chain, or anything else you have on hand — or leave ’em unadorned if you prefer.
Place the tree bases within your cotton snow, add a sprinkle of glitter if you please, and you’re done! Hang your tiny tree terrarium, step back, and admire.
Oh, and lest we forget to mention — that cute garland, those adorable string lights, and the terrific terrarium we used are currently among a slew of superbly gift-able items that are on sale! (Friends always tell friends about sales, right?)
+Will you be DIY-ing any of your holiday decor?