The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
Whether you’re celebrating with friends, family, or a special someone, it’s easy to fall in love with Valentine’s Day. Decorating for the holiday, however, can be a tricky task. With store aisle after store aisle filled with flashy foil hearts and cutout cupids, it’s easy to go a little over the top. If you’re a fan of simpler style, try your hand at this charming DIY wreath!
Adorned in tissue paper flowers, this heart-shaped wreath makes a chic addition to your home — or a pretty present for your valentine. And since this bouquet won’t wilt away, you can enjoy your darling decoration all year ’round!
Gather the basic materials, turn on your favorite romantic comedy, and cozy in for some absolutely adorable crafting!
Floral Heart Wreath
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Several large sheets of tissue paper (mix and match whatever colors you’d like!)
A thin wire hanger (dry cleaning hangers work great for this)
1. Bend a wire hanger into a heart shape with the hooked end at the top. Then, bend the hook down so it creates a loop for hanging the wreath later!
2. Stack your tissue paper, and cut strips that are about 4-inches wide and 8-inches long. Accordion-fold a small stack (about 4 sheets) of paper from short side to short side.
3. Cut the ends of the tissue paper into half circles to create a petal shape.
4. Wrap some florist’s wire securely around the center of your folded paper and twist the ends together.
5. Gently tug the layers of tissue paper apart to create a blossom.
6. Secure the paper blossom to the hanger using the end of the florist’s wire. Repeat until your wreath is completely filled!
7. Find a place to hang or lay your handiwork!
Does Valentine’s Day make you swoon? Share your favorite traditions on Facebook or in the comments below!
decor tips, florals, valentine's DIY, valentines day
Love this! So simple to do!
this will be happening at my house.
So sweet! I used to work in a floral shop, and we would spray paint the edges of the carnation petals to make them dual toned. I wonder if some gold, silver, red, or white spray paint would produce the same effect on the paper flowers? If so, I bet that would make this sweet wreath even sweeter!
So simple e pretty!!!
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2017 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.