They may say, “Don’t judge a book by its cover,” however, I think that you should judge a shoe by its box. Why? I present to you the Jeffrey Campbell shoebox precedent. The new foundation for judging all other shoes and their accompanying boxes. You see, Jeffrey Campbell shoes are undisputedly, undeniably incredible (they’re like magic you can wear!), and their casings completely live up to what’s inside. Fellow fashion writer Julie and I were admiring the artwork on a Jeffrey Campbell lid one day, and agreed that they’re really too nice to throw away. They deserve to be displayed! Now, she and I both have Jeffrey Campbell shoebox lids adorning the walls of our apartments.
Want to join in the free decor fun? Simple, sassy wall art that proudly proclaims your love for shoes starts here…
Jeffrey Campbell Shoebox Art
What you’ll need…
- Jeffrey Campbell shoebox
- Nails, picture hangers, or stick-on hooks
2. Once your glorious new Jeffrey Campbells arrive, put ’em on, and have a private footwear fashion show for yourself!
3. Take the shoebox lid, and reinforce the corners. I used cheap duct tape, but I’m sure you guys can think of sturdier fixes.
4. Find the perfect place upon your wall for this art, and attach a picture hanger, nail, or simple stick-on hook. The lid is very lightweight, so anything with a tacky back should hold it.
5. Hang the lovely lid upon the aforementioned attachment, step back, and admire.
You’ve just turned debris into decor, all thanks to Jeffrey Campbell for packaging his wearable art in little works of art!