The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
They may say, “Don’t judge a book by its cover,” however, I think that you should judge a shoe by its box. Why? I present to you the Jeffrey Campbell shoebox precedent. The new foundation for judging all other shoes and their accompanying boxes. You see, Jeffrey Campbell shoes are undisputedly, undeniably incredible (they’re like magic you can wear!), and their casings completely live up to what’s inside. Fellow fashion writer Julie and I were admiring the artwork on a Jeffrey Campbell lid one day, and agreed that they’re really too nice to throw away. They deserve to be displayed! Now, she and I both have Jeffrey Campbell shoebox lids adorning the walls of our apartments.
Want to join in the free decor fun? Simple, sassy wall art that proudly proclaims your love for shoes starts here…
Jeffrey Campbell Shoebox Art
What you’ll need…
1. Buy Jeffrey Campbell shoes. (May I suggest the See Ya Later Boots or the much-loved Unicorn Princess Heels?)
2. Once your glorious new Jeffrey Campbells arrive, put ’em on, and have a private footwear fashion show for yourself!
3. Take the shoebox lid, and reinforce the corners. I used cheap duct tape, but I’m sure you guys can think of sturdier fixes.
4. Find the perfect place upon your wall for this art, and attach a picture hanger, nail, or simple stick-on hook. The lid is very lightweight, so anything with a tacky back should hold it.
5. Hang the lovely lid upon the aforementioned attachment, step back, and admire.
You’ve just turned debris into decor, all thanks to Jeffrey Campbell for packaging his wearable art in little works of art!
decor tips, green crafts, upcycle
Oh my goodness! It’s almost as if you guys walked into my room and saw what I did with my Jeffrey Campbell lid! It’s currently hanging on my wall.
And it is true: they are like magic you can wear. <3
@Natalie â€” You wouldn’t happen to be the same Natalie that also loved the “Dearly Beloved Boots,” would you? Great names must style alike… 🙂
I must say, the Jeffrey Campbell lid hanging in our apartment is quite glorious!
Wow that is such a good idea!
Such a sweeeet idea!! I need to buy more Jeffery Campbell anyways.. haha maybe this is a sign or something!?! 😉
This is a fantastic idea! As a college freshman, I’m always thinking about ways to design my dorm and even ways to design my apartment for next year. This sounds perfect and could potentially give my room an urban chic touch. Thanks!
This is an awesome idea! I already decorate my room with lots of things I get from clothing, like tags & sometimes even bags. I’ve especially done this with Betsey Johnson as I have a whole corner of her stuff haha. However, I’ve never thought of doing shoebox lids. Something new is always awesome! And since I live in an apartment where I can’t paint, I can decorate easily with these.
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2017 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.