Even if you aren’t the proud owner of a green thumb, you can totally put this kitschy terrarium together. The only living stuff inside of it is an air plant, which requires a spritz of water once or twice a week. The rest of the contents are available at a craft store, and you can customize it to your liking. We went with a gnome theme because… gnomes.
What You Need:
- A terrarium (any glass vessel will do)
- White sand
- Multi-colored blue sequins
- Craft rocks of your choice
- Tiny craft seashells
- Miniatures (we went with a gnome on a frog, some decorative pieces, and mushrooms, found at a craft store)
- An air plant
- Optional: If your terrarium is really big, you can add more greenery.
Fill your terrarium with the white sand, shifting more to one side than the other.
Add your craft rocks. We opted for sea foam green rocks and stacked them up on one side of the terrarium.
Add your blue sequins, which will represent a stream of water.
Next, add all your miniatures wherever you want. Other ideas for miniatures: beach balls, chairs, and flamingos; or a picnic table, basket, and food.
Finally, add your air plant and whatever extra greenery you want. Lightly spritz it with filtered water once or twice per week.
+If you decide to make one, tag us @ModCloth on Instagram! Inspired? Find more adorable decor to make your home a happy one.