The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
If you’re looking to add a fall flourish to your next potluck or party, why not create an eye-catching centerpiece? Easy to assemble and customizable for whatever season or holiday, a unique centerpiece is a great way to add interest to your party decor.
Today’s centerpiece tutorial comes direct from the set of last week’s mid-century Modster Mash look. Whether you’re seeking a display for your mantle or an arrangement for an outdoor table, this tabletop DIY can be customized for all your space and party needs.
DIY Seasonal Centerpiece
What we used:
4-5 vintage books
Creme colored gauze
1. Decide where you’ll be assembling your centerpiece.
2. Next, take your books and stack them, creating different levels where your jars will sit.
3. Drape the gauze around and over the stack of books. You can choose to cover some, or all, of the books. We chose to display ModStylist Amy’s gorgeous vintage copy of Alice in Wonderland.
4. Take a length of twine and wrap it around the top of one of the jars. Then, tie the ends of the twine in a knot or bow. Repeat until each jar is topped with twine.
5. Fill each jar half way with candy corn, allowing space for a votive candle in each. We recommend waiting to light the candles until your centerpiece is complete.
6. Place your jars on the books, bunching and scrunching the gauze until you’ve achieved the desired effect.
7. Finish off your tabletop look with gourds, mini pumpkins, and real or decorative autumn leaves and carefully light your candles.
apartment, decor tips, Halloween, homepage, Modster Mash
Love it! <3
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.