Plain Jane gift bags? Not for a crafty and creative gal like you! We’re always looking to add a personal touch to presents around the holidays, and this year, we found gift wrap inspiration in festive fronds and vintage gift tags. Read on for two unique ways to take your gift wrapping to the next level!
A Holly Jolly How-To — What You’ll Need:
- A gift, of course! (We chose the If I Only Had the Verve T-Strap Flat, because: sparkles.)
- White polka-dotted wrapping paper
- Red ribbon
- Sparkly green craft paper
- Red pom poms
Step One: ‘Leaf’ an Impression
Time to make the statement piece! Cut out two holly leaves from your sparkling craft paper. They don’t have to be perfect — we drew ours freehand!
Step Two: The Root of the Matter
Now, for planting: after tying red ribbon around your box, plant your holly leaves in the center. We anchored ours underneath the ribbon with tape, but a hot glue gun would certainly do the trick.
Step Three: Berry Well Then
Anchor your red pom poms on top of the leaves with tape or hot glue, and, bada bing, bada ‘bloom’ — you’re done!
Parcel from the Past — What You’ll Need:
- A gift (We chose Gone With the Gin and a few other vintage-inspired books to fit the theme.)
- Tan wrapping paper
- A variety of festive ribbons
- Red and green tassels
- Holiday stickers
- Vintage gift tags (Can likely be found in craft stores, thrift shops, or perhaps your aunt’s craft supply closet.)
‘Tied’, Sealed, Delivered
This one’s short ‘n’ sweet: Simply thread your tassels and gift tags into the center of your ribbon. After wrapping the ribbon around your box, position the gift tags and tassels on the center of the parcel, then finish with a bow. Place a festive sticker on the top corner for added flair, and there you have it!
+How do you put a personal touch on gift wrapping?