Epic Wrap Battles, Round Two: Simple Gifts vs. Snazzy Packages

Ding, ding, ding! It’s time for round two of our Epic Wrap Battles series, wherein our talented employees put their creativity and gift wrapping game to the test.

Creative Gift Wrap Ideas by Our Employees!

Last week, our Creative Director’s peppermint-inspired present went up against our Head of Writing & Social’s homespun stylings. This week, two more crafty coworkers are stepping up to the craft table. Remember, there’s no behind-the-scenes help here — from the concept to the execution, these gift wrap ideas are totally DIY’d by our employees. Who wrapped it better? Vote in the comments, and we’ll announce the winner (and share how YOU can recreate your favorite look) on Thursday!

And don’t forget, if you’re still hunting great gifts worth wrapping, we’ve got you covered! Check out the 2015 Holiday Gift Guide for picks to suit the style of all your favorite gals and guys.

This week, get set for a Social Team showdown: it’s Social Strategist Jess vs. Social Strategist Sarah

Unconventional colors, patterns, and accents help Jess’s gift captivate from neatly folded corner to corner…

Gift Wrap Ideas from Our Employees to You!

…while Sarah’s rustic rendition transforms around-the-house (and garden!) materials into a simple, elegant, eco-friendly creation.

Gift Wrap Ideas from Our Employees to You!

Which treat would YOU like to see ‘neath the tree? Tell us in the comments — we’ll reveal the winning gift on Thursday, as well as how to recreate these pretty parcels for yourself!

About Anna

Anna's the kind of don't-take-yourself-too-seriously gal who can spend an evening at Monday Night Raw and then turn around and write about nail designs and glitter with just as much sincere, unadulterated delight. She's a firm believer in cats' ability to see ghosts, the Pittsburgh Pirates, and the fact that if she wishes enough, she'll never have to iron again.

, , , ,

22 Responses to Epic Wrap Battles, Round Two: Simple Gifts vs. Snazzy Packages

1. Stephanie 12/08/2015 at 11:18 am #

i vote for Jess! While I myself am all about the brown paper, I find all the colours refreshing and would be excited to see underneath the tree so colourful.

2. Cathy 12/08/2015 at 1:21 pm #

I have to go with Jess this time. The wrapping is like a gift itself. I love Sarah’s decorations, but the paper looks like it came from a dumpster dive, it’s too rustic for my taste.

3. Mae 12/08/2015 at 3:47 pm #

Wrapping by Jess is my pick — I am a huge fan of bright bright colors! Like the leaf “bow” as well — that is really cute! that gift wrapping would be perfect under my white Christmas tree trimmed with colored lights and beads!!!!

4. Jackie Lambes 12/08/2015 at 5:55 pm #

I agree that Jess did a great job! I especially love the colors.

5. Ian 12/09/2015 at 10:52 am #

I’m going to have to vote for Sarah here. That laid-back wrapping says she doesn’t have to show off with fancy paper because the gift inside speaks for itself.

6. Amanda W. 12/09/2015 at 11:00 am #

I prefer Sarah’s approach because it look like she got wine drunk and decided to wrap presents. It really captures the true spirit of the season. Give me that dumpster gift.

7. Sarah L 12/09/2015 at 3:36 pm #

They are both lovely, but I’m all the way in for Sarah’s: brown paper with a used texture + natural materials is always a win. Plus we don’t need to spend additional money on new paper that will just be thrown away.

8. Jenna W 12/09/2015 at 6:12 pm #

Love Sarah’s with the rosehips and cedar!

9. toni 12/10/2015 at 4:22 am #

I’d go for Sarah’s but the paper wouldn’t be too rumply 😀

10. Rika 12/10/2015 at 10:21 am #

I vote for Sarah’s, its simple but elegant.

11. Vicki 12/11/2015 at 8:54 pm #

I would love to see Sarah’s wrapped package under my tree. The gift box seems so comfy and comfortable, I’m sure the contents are something I will love!

12. Randa 12/16/2015 at 1:45 pm #

While I love me some cedar & rosehips, I have to go with Jess’ insanely colourful composition this round. You can tell that so much effort has been put in to wrapping that – and if there’s that much detail in the wrapping, the present is likely to reflect that, too. Sarah’s is lovely, and very much like most of my family’s offerings – but Jess has knocked this way out of the park in my book. Go Social Strategy!!

13. Marie 12/16/2015 at 1:52 pm #

I’m voting for Sarah – it looks so Christmasy and I’d love to receive a present that looks like that!

14. Anioul 12/16/2015 at 2:03 pm #

I vote for Sarah’s !

15. Kayla K. 12/16/2015 at 2:34 pm #

I have to go with Jess’. It’s so colorful and coordinated! Sarah’s paper is too rumpled in my opinion and looks like something Socality Barbie would make (which is a little too hipster for my taste but great for others).

16. Tango 12/16/2015 at 2:45 pm #

I like Sarah’s gift. She obviously re-used a paper bag and packaging twine. It has an old time style that reminds me of packages left in front of your door.

17. Marie 12/16/2015 at 3:03 pm #

Jess all the way on this one.

18. Leanne 12/16/2015 at 3:10 pm #

Definitely Sarah’s gift. It is heartfelt and seasonal — Jess’ gift could be given on any holiday.

19. Moreliana 12/16/2015 at 3:40 pm #

I vote for Jess! But i also like Sarah’s, I just love bright colors!

20. Connie 12/16/2015 at 5:35 pm #

My vote goes to Sarah. Jess’s is lovely but I think would be better for another occasion. I like the rustic feel of Sarah’s package and it’s perfect for Christmas!

21. Sophia 12/16/2015 at 7:22 pm #

Like Sarah’s gift.
    Don’t judge a book by its cover, don’t judge a gift by its wrap 🙂
    I saw people have a pretty gift wraps, big party with many decorations. After all events ended, where the wraps & decorations go? Mostly Dumpsters. We need eco friendly things, so this world won’t be like Wall-E movie.

22. Julie Ousley 12/17/2015 at 12:00 am #

I choose Jess’s package’s colors and trim silhouette, but my wrapping is more like Sarah’s when the dust settles…