The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
You know what there’s not enough of in this world? Cider. Freshly pressed, farmer’s market, shake-before-pouring apple cider. So, when I saw the location for our current stylebook, A Welcome Retreat, I immediately imagined curling up inside the cherry wood walls with my stitching and a mug of warm, mulled cider. Here’s a simple recipe that’s perfect for these nippy Novembers!
Cozy Up Mulled Cider
1. Empty the jug of cider into a large saucepan and heat on medium low. While the cider is warming up, grate your ginger and slice your oranges.
2. Drop all of the ingredients into the pot of cider. Increase the heat to medium and allow the cider to come to a gentle simmer.
3. As the aroma of the cider and all of its toasty spices fills your home, choose your favorite mug from the cabinet.
4. Ladle the warmed cider straight from the pot or strain the cider and put it back into the reusable jug for storage.
Nothing like homemade cider! mmm
Can you please tell me what brand/color lipstick your model is wearing in the Endearing Looks BTS video? Thanks!
This sounds amazing! I plan on making it as soon as I can get the ginger. But what kind of cloves? I feel as though I should know, but I was a bit confused by that.
Bean, I just had McCormick brand whole cloves from the nearby supermarket. I’ve never actually noticed any other type of clove besides the dark brown, fragrant, thick pin-shaped cloves. Check this out. http://www.mccormick.com/Spices101/SpiceFieldReports/Cloves.aspx
Also, I bet if you had access to an Indian grocer, they’d be cheaper there. Happy cider-ing!
This looks so good and just autumn perfection! This weekend, this will be on my to do list!
I really want to know how to do my hair in the same style the model has. Any ideas/hints please?
We actually received a few inquiries on how-to achieve this look, so we interviewed one of the hairstylists at our latest Shop Our Outfits shoot to get the deets!
Jessica’s Tips for Milkmaid Braids:
1) Separate hair into 2 pony tails and braid each one, separating the braid pieces with your fingertips as you go
2) Wrap each in a clockwise direction, from ear-to-ear, so that one stacks beneath your crown, and one above
3) Secure in place with bobby pins and allow bangs to lie beneath braids (if you have them)
If you find that you’re having a tough time keeping the braids in place, texture your hair with some product first to give it a little more grip, then try it again. Sometimes, messier, tousled looks stay put better than purely polished ones!
Hope that’s helpful!
I second Maddie’s question! Please, a video hair tutorial on that braid! So pretty!!
[…] 1. Preheat oven to 350Â°F. 2. Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and cardamom into a bowl. Set aside. 3. Whisk together eggs, oil, vanilla extract and sugar. 4. Make a well in the dry mixture and slowly pour in half of your wet mixture. Gently stir, adding in milk as you go. Finish adding the remainder of the wet mixture and stir until slightly combined. Do not overmix. 5. Fold in the pears and cranberries. 6. Fill greased muffin cups about two-thirds full with batter. 7. Bake for 20-25 minutes. 8.Â Enjoy! (Also, these would be great straight out of the oven with a steaming mug of mulled cider.) […]
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.