Sure, we love a good cocktail dress…especially this time of year with all the holiday parties, social soirees, and family festivities in store. But, who doesn’t also love a delicious cocktail for sipping on such occasions? Every Friday this season, we’re serving up some tasty libations that are perfect for festive celebrations.
Last week, we mixed up some Crangaritas. Today, we have a sweet apple cider cocktail that will be all the rage at your fall festivities or winter get-togethers.
Apple Cider Mojito
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 ounce white rum
- 2 ounces apple cider
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup* (you can buy this at the store or make it with the simple recipe below)
- Apple, sliced
- Mint leaves
- Start by muddling a few mint leaves with a mortar and pestle or with a spoon and a pint glass. Place the leaves at the bottom of the mortar or glass, then take your pestle or spoon and press down on them, twisting ever-so-gently (you don’t wanna pulverize them).
- Next, place the muddled leaves in an old-fashioned glass and add the rum, lime juice, and simple syrup. Then, give it a good stir!
- Top it off with the apple cider and stir it a little more.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and apple slices.
*You can opt for store-bought simple syrup, but it’s really easy to make (why else would they call it “simple”?)! In a saucepan, combine 1 cup of water with 1 cup of sugar and slowly heat it to a boil, stirring frequently. Then, remove it from the heat and let it cool down.