Scoot over, powerful fans and luxurious air conditioning – we’re calling on frozen cocktails to keep us cool this summer! Just kidding; you can have ’em all. Below, check out an updated take on a sunny-day favorite that’s sweet, spicy, and bursting with personality. Ladies, start your blenders!
The Spice Is Right Margarita
What You’ll Need:
- Sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 lemons (2 squeezed, 1/2 sliced for garnish, 1/2 to wet glass for sugar rim)
- 3 jalapeños (2 minced for the syrup, 1 sliced for garnish)
- 3/4 cup of your favorite tequila
- 1/3 cup triple sec
- 1 cup sugar & 1 cup water (for the syrup!)
- Small bowl of sugar granules for the rim
- So much ice
- Trustworthy blender
- Syrup first!
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small pot, then bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- While that’s getting toasty, mince 2 fresh jalapeños, then slice the third to have handy for garnishing.
- Once boiled, transfer simple syrup into blender with the minced jalapeños and blend. You may have to strain excess jalapeño bits from the syrup.
- Toss the sliced strawberries, lemon juice, tequila, triple sec, as much jalapeño syrup as you prefer, and a gratuitous heap of ice into blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Prep glassware by wetting each rim with the 3rd lemon, then rolling in sugar. Top with fresh lemon & jalapeño slice.
- Pour finished margarita into your glasses.
- Peruse the pics below for inspiration on what ensemble to pair with that fabulous libation in your hand:
+How are you keeping your summer spicy?