The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
Happy National Donut Day! To celebrate, we’ve got a rad recipe that puts a fresh spin on traditional donuts — these sweet li’l treats are gluten-free, low in sugar, and full of deliciousness.
These dense, cake-like doughnuts only have three tablespoons of maple syrup for 10-12 doughnuts. The frosting provides a sweet kick (and ensures you won’t get a sugar crash after eating)!
3 cups almond meal
3 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
¼ tsp baking soda
Pinch of sea salt
1 ripe banana
3 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ cup chocolate chips (optional)
For Chocolate Glaze:
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large bowl, combine almond meal, raw cacao powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Mix ingredients.
3. In a food processor, process the ripe banana into a liquid.
4. Add liquid banana, eggs, maple syrup, and pure vanilla extract to the dry mixture, and combine until fully mixed. Add in chocolate chips, if desired.
5. Fill batter half-way in a silicone doughnut tray.
6. Bake 15-18 minutes, until batter is cooked the entire way through.
7. Pop out of the silicone mold, let cool, and cut out the middles.
8. Combine coconut oil and chocolate chips in a small saucepan and heat on low until creamy.
9. Dip the top of the doughnuts in the chocolate glaze and let cool.
10. Serve will a tall glass of almond or coconut milk, and enjoy!
donuts, food and drink, national donut day
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.