The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
In the spirit of all things swim, we invited Megan Reardon of lifestyle blog Not Martha to create some yummy, ocean-inspired cocktails to share with all you thirsty MC Blog readers! From start to finishing touches, she’ll show you how to mix ’em for your fellow beach-loving buds!
This beachy bev’ is sure to make a big splash with your friends! Doesn’t the When We Kiss Ring look rad with Megan’s pink papaya polish?
Aqua Fishbowl Dessert Cocktails
By Megan Reardon of Not Martha
“It’s fun to see light shine through the globe-like glassware you’ll use to serve them,” says Megan. “I should warn, though — these drinks are pretty potent, so swim your way through them safely!”
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
12 oz. vodka
6 oz. blue curacao
6 oz. coconut rum
12 oz. pineapple juice
6 oz. sweet and sour mix
6 oz. lemon-lime soda
5 packets unflavored gelatin
1. Pour vodka, blue curacao, and coconut rum into bowl or large (8-cup) Pyrex measuring cup.
2. Mix pineapple juice, sweet and sour mix, and soda in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat until warm.
3. Turn off heat and add five packets of gelatin, stirring until dissolved.
4. Pour gelatin mixture into bowl with the vodka mixture and stir. Let cool.
5. Arrange 6-8 glasses on a tray that will allow you to transport them easily into the fridge. Pour mixture into glasses, and gently move tray into refrigerator to chill for 4-8 hours.
“Serve in round containers if you can. I used small glass vases meant to hold votive candles, which I found at a craft store. I also added some oh-so-tropical cocktail picks to add an extra punch of color. Now, all you need to do is ‘shlurp’ and enjoy!”
cocktail recipes, drink recipes, guest post, summer drinks
It’s too pretty to drink! But wow it looks tasty and refreshing. Love the color!
These have to be some of the most beautiful drinks I’ve ever seen! Can’t wait to try them out when the weather gets warmer!
Agreed – Megan, did an amazing job! Although, why wait to make them? Ha!
Where can I find those cocktail umbrellas
I think it would be impossible to resist sticking some Swedish fish in there.
Where did you find the palm leaf drink umbrella’s? Can you provide a link?
Do they harden like actual jello? Or does the Jello just thicken it?
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.