Picture this: It’s 10:30pm on a weeknight. You’ve caught up with the DVR, finished a face mask, and are relaxed enough to finally call it a day. Then, it hits you. Tomorrow’s a holiday. You promised to bring dessert, and have absolutely nothing prepared. The panic, the calamity!
That was my experience with this recipe. Luckily, I had the Greek yogurt, fresh berries, granola, and empty ice cube trays all ready to go, which meant whipping up these healthy and satisfying dessert bites took almost no time at all. If you tend to be on the forgetful side like me, may this recipe see you through your upcoming potluck obligations.
Frozen Greek Yogurt Berry Bites
What You’ll Need
- Red & blue berries of your choice. I used chopped strawberries and whole blueberries.
- Note: frozen fruits would work great here, too!
- Plain Greek yogurt. I went through less than half of a 32 oz. container for 1 tray.
- Granola of your choice.
- Empty ice cube tray.
- Breathe, because this takes no time at all, and everyone’s gonna be so wowed by your BBQ contribution!
- Add berries to the ice cube tray. I wish I’d have added more to mine, so go bananas (or even add bananas) if you so choose.
- Spoon Greek yogurt into each section. Then, gently tap the tray against your workspace to release any bubbles that may have formed. Feel free to add in more yogurt if the absence of air pockets permits.
- Note: you may want an apron for this step! At the very least, keep a kitchen towel handy for easy clean up, because tiny yogurt splatters will definitely happen.
- Top sections of your choice with granola.
- Pop in the freezer overnight, or for 2-3 hours during the daytime, if you’re really doing the last-minute thing.
- When ready to serve, crack cubes from the tray, plate, and prepare to watch your easy creation get gobbled up.
Wanna plan this treat in advance? Pin the recipe for later!
This recipe was lightly adapted from Love + Marriage.
+What’s your go-to dish at the last minute?