Who says hitting the open road means leaving dessert behind? You can have your sweets and eat it too, with this recipe for Cookies ‘n’ Cream Peanut Butter, a savory sustenance that can be dipped, spread, or – my personal favorite – consumed straight from the jar! If your goal is to pack light, this crunchy concoction does double duty by fulfilling both your sweet and salty taste buds. Ladies and gents, it’s time to take a trip to the kitchen and make Cookies ‘n’ Cream Peanut Butter!
Cookies ‘n’ Cream Peanut Butter
Makes roughly enough for a 26-oz. jar. From Picky Palate
10 whole Oreo cookies (Okay, I used 20!)
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup white chocolate chips
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 mason jar, or, reuse peanut butter jar!
1. Gather your Oreos. Place them in a large plastic bag, and then crush them with a rolling pin or other weighted object. Most anything will work, from a bowl to a common household hammer!
2. Pour your freshly crumbled Oreos in a bowl, and top with the two cups of peanut butter.
3. While the peanut butter oozes into every open inch of the Oreo crumble, prepare your white chocolate by microwaving for about a minute with two tablespoons of peanut butter, or heating it using a double boiler on your stove top.
4. Once the white chocolate concoction is melted into gooey goodness, drizzle it into the bowl of Oreos and peanut butter.
5. Gently stir the mixture, and pour into a mason jar.
Cookies ‘n’ Cream Peanut Butter perfecto! Our tech department had a ball calculating the number of calories in the finished jar above–bonus points to anyone who can guess the figure!