This roller coaster of a year is finally coming to a close, but your party planning is likely just beginning.
If you’re a purist and believe in classy mixed drinks come nightfall, champagne toasts at 12, and traditional brunch bevvies in the morning, good for you! However, if you’re more a fan of efficiency like myself and need ’em all right here and now, allow me to shake up your gathering with the aptly named Orange You Glad This Year is Done? Cocktail.
This sassy, flashy cousin of the mimosa and screwdriver comes with a kick of somethin’ special. It’s the ideal elixir for 12 months marked by challenges and change. It pairs perfectly with both sprightly party attire and “I-refuse-to-leave-the-house” ensembles alike. It tastes like a more fun, more adult version of the classic orange cream popsicle. And, best of all? It’s really, really easy.
The “Orange You Glad This Year is Done?” Cocktail
What You’ll Need:
- A small bowl of water and another of sugar
- Cocktail shaker (strainer optional)
- A handful of ice
- 1 oz of your fave orange juice (pulpy, organic, from concentrate… totally up to you)
- 1 oz vanilla vodka
- Champagne and prosecco! Yeah, that’s right – you get both!
- Orange slices
- Dip the rim of your champagne flute in the water, then roll in sugar. Takes two seconds, looks super fancy. Your guests are gonna love it.
- In the cocktail shaker, add the ice, then top with vanilla vodka and OJ.
- Give it a little shake-shake, then strain/pour into flute.
- Top with splashes of champagne, prosecco, and a little orange slice
- Sip responsibly in celebration of the end of the year, and the start of something brilliant.
May your New Year be filled with fun-loving outfits, lighthearted vibes, and the promise of adventurous times ahead!
+Start 2017 off on a positive note with some of these inspiring ideas: