The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
My great-aunt had a cat named Muffin. When I was three, I tried chasing him down, as if he was sociable puppy, but would instead find him hiding under the bed, giving me the stink eye. Oh, Muffin.
In celebration of Mewsweek, I dedicate this month’s muffin to Muffin the cat. These carrot raisin muffins are savory, sweet, and quite a treat. While I don’t recommend sharing people-food with your furry friends, rewarding their cuteness with a namesake nibble is something I always support!
Carrot Raisin Muffins
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
2 cups shredded carrot
1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Soak the raisins in a hot cup of water for about ten minutes, or until you’re ready to add them to your mix. This will plump them up and enhance their flavor.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices into a bowl. Toss in sugar.
4. Gently stir in milk and oil. Do not overmix, you should still see about a quarter of the flour after mixing.
5. Fold in raisins and carrots.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden in color.
I LOVE the cat photo they’re set atop. It’s as if the one little guy is going to pounce on your scrumptious muffins!
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2017 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.