If cocktail-making was an Olympic sport, the Pimm’s Orange Soda Float would win tens across the board in the categories of simplicity, creativity, deliciousness, and presentation. It’s easy to fall back on summer drink classics such as the root beer float, but with nearly the same amount of effort, plus an adorable paper straw or two, this boozy, Creamsicle-inspired float will blow the competition away.
Pimm’s Orange Soda Float
Makes two large floats. From The Family Kitchen
Pimm’s No. 1 liqueur
12 ounce bottle of orange soda
Vanilla ice cream
1. Place a small handful of crushed ice into your glass.
2. Add 1.5 ounces of Pimm’s into each glass and swirl briefly. For a less sweet taste, add more Pimm’s. (Of course, you can leave it out for a non-alcoholic float!)
3. Add a big scoop of ice cream.
4. Slowly pour the soda over the ice cream until it bubbles just a little over the top.
5. Garnish with an orange slice, add a straw, and dive in!
What unique drinks have you had lately?