The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
Pictured: Fruits of Your Layer Cardigan, Steadfast Sojourn Top in Cherries, Display All the Angles Table Runner
Some days call for a little bit of excess. And what’s more delightfully decadent, irresistibly irreverent, and tantalizingly treat-yo-self than a pineapple full of the good stuff? A drink from a pineapple does not take itself too seriously. A drink from a pineapple says, I’m here to have fun. We can all use a little of that pineapple life, so inspired by the SteadFast Sojourn Top in Cherries and the Fruits of Your Layer Cardigan, we shook together this spicy sweet pineapple cocktail with jalapeños and cherries!
1 small pineapple
2 oz vodka
Small bunch cilantro
5 maraschino cherries
Pictured: Display All the Angles Table Runner, As A Matter of First Course Bowl Set and Plate Set
1) Carefully cut the top off your pineapple. If there’s a lot of extra plumage, you can give it a little haircut to make it easier to handle.
2) Next, hollow out your pineapple by carefully sliding a knife around the inside rim of your pineapple, leaving a little flesh attached to the skin for structural integrity. Make sure you don’t puncture the bottom! Criss-cross the middle of the pineapple with your knife and using a sturdy spoon, scoop out the insides and reserve the flesh.
3) Juice the flesh of the pineapple to make about 2-3 oz of pineapple juice. If you don’t have a juicer, you can roughly chop the pineapple and just use ready-made pineapple juice.
4) Slice your jalapeño into thin rings, shaking off the seeds if you don’t want a super spicy drink. Roughly chop your cilantro. Cut your lime in half through the middle, and then use half of it to make circular lime slices. Squeeze the other half for its juice.
5) Mix the pineapple juice, vodka, lime juice, and a splash of liquid from the maraschino cherries together. Toss in the maraschino cherries, jalapeño rings, lime slices, and chopped cilantro. Pour it all into your pineapple, and add club soda and ice to taste.
6) Garnish with a lime ring, a double cherry, a spring of cilantro, a tiny paper umbrella, or whatever makes you feel festive. Now sip and be merry!
This recipe is made for improvising. Substitute tequila or light rum for the vodka for an even more tropical feel! Use dark rum, omit the cilantro, and substitute ginger beer for the club soda and you get a pineapple dark and stormy! Substitute the cilantro for mint and you’re well on your way to a delicious mojito hybrid. Can’t get down with the sweetness of maraschino cherries? Use pitted fresh cherries and fresh cherry juice or kirsch (cherry liqueur) for a more tart spin. The possibilities of the pineapple drink are as limitless as your imagination.
+ Do our playful prints inspire you to take a chance in the kitchen? Let us know in the comments below!
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.