Looking to show off your culinary craft at upcoming festivities? Gearin’ up to go for the gusto in lieu of been-there, pinned-those holiday treats?
Well, now’s your time to shine: with chocolate-covered strawberry Christmas lights! Don your favorite festive frock, turn up the holiday tunes, and read on for a sweet ‘n’ simple recipe that’s sure to earn glowing reviews.
What You’ll Need:
- Halved strawberries
- White chocolate chips
- A rainbow of glittery sprinkles, separated
- Mini marshmallows
- Toothpicks (may need to be broken in half depending on length of strawberries)
- Silver sprinkles
- Green decorating icing
Phase 1: The Double Dip
- Microwave your white chocolate chips in a bowl for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat until fully melted.
- Dip the outside half of your strawberries into melted chocolate.
- Then, dip the chocolate-covered side of your strawberries into an individual sprinkle container to coat.
- Set aside face down to cool.
Phase 2: Socket to Me
- While your strawberry halves cool and solidify, stick individual marshmallows on toothpicks and dip in melted white chocolate.
- Roll your chocolate-covered marshmallows in silver sprinkles to create the socket of your Christmas lights.
- Anchor the socket at the top of your strawberry halves by inserting the toothpick into the center — make sure it’s upright!
Phase 3: String ‘Em Along
- Use green icing to create a wire design on your plate. (We loved playing off the gradient pattern on our Stone Improvement Cutting Board!)
- Arrange your finished Christmas lights on the icing string, and, voila!
Now, that’s what we call ‘light’ fare.
+What’s your favorite holiday treat?