The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
Have you seen all of the avocado recipes on Pinterest? It’s hard to go a day without browsing your Pinterest feed and passing a life-changing avocado recipe. Case in point: Proscuitto-wrapped Avocado and Mango With Mint. But instead of just re-pinning the wheel today, I’m reinventing it with a Pinterest-inspired avocado original of my own — Eggvocado Toast!
Pinners, get your food/noms/healthy eats boards ready:
Makes 4 Eggvocado Toasts. An original recipe!
Thick, porous bread (I used a multigrain)
1-2 Large Hass Avocados
4-6 Large eggs
Butter or margarine
Optional: pepper and hot sauce of choice
1. Heat your oven to 400°F, or, use a toaster oven on broil.
2. Cut your avocados in half, and take out the pits. Carefully peel the avocado skin off piece by piece, starting from any edge until it’s completely removed.
3. Place your peeled avocado face-down on a cutting board, carefully slice 1/4 inch off of the bottom, and repeat. If your avocados are large, this will give you four slices from one whole avocado (two halves) with a hole in the center – the perfect well for holding your egg yolk! There will be leftover avocado that won’t be used on the toast, which makes a great snack while you’re prepping.
4. Butter your bread slices, and place them on the baking sheet. A 9″ x 13″ baking sheet will fit 3-4 slices. A toaster oven pan will fit 1-2 slices.
5. Place one avocado slice on each slice of bread. Crack an egg just over the center of the avocado hole so that the yolk rests in the center, while the egg white soaks into the rest of the bread. I used a few extra eggs without the yolk to saturate each slice with extra egg white.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or less if using a toaster oven. Keep a close eye on the egg yolk, as you might want to take it out before it’s completely cooked through.
7. Serve immediately! The bread will harden if it sits out too long. Garnish with pepper and hot sauce, and enjoy!
food and drink, healthy recipes
I LOVE eggs! This looks brilliant! Thanks for sharing.
Sounds perfect !
looks terrific and delicious!!! I am going to “try” it. I just hope it turns out to at least look like the picture (and taste as good as it looks!)
I wish I were more creative, this looks absolutely wonderful!!! Cannot wait to get home from work and try it. Looks like this is what I will try for dinner, quick and easy.
This sounds a bit crazy but yet a a unique and different toast to try it out.
Reblogged this on Leaves of Lemongrass.
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2017 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.