Served as a desert, or savored as a summer snack, this recipe is vegan, fresh, and full of raw goodness for every occasion! Would you have guessed that the paste on top of these watermelon squares was made from a cashew base? If you thought making Gone Raw’s Fresh Corn and Avocado Salad was easy, then you’ll be bowled over by the brevity required for prepping these mouth watering Watermelon Mini Cake Delights. They only have six ingredients!
Watermelon Mini Cake Delights
From Gone Raw user rawleen
- 1 watermelon, cut into squares
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for two hours in water
- 1 cup agave nectar
- Vanilla, to taste
- Water, to taste
- Place cashews, agave, and vanilla in food processor, or a type of blender, and process. Slowly add water to achieve a frosting-like consistency
- Place in a carrot bag, or make your own by cutting a small section out of the corner of a clear plastic bag as your frosting instrument
- Squeeze frosting on each watermelon, then top with a blueberry or other garnish of choice
The cashew paste, could also be stored in a small container to have as an addition to fresh fruits, or brought as a unique dip to a potluck. If you’re looking for the perfect time and place to debut these hors d’Å“uvres, think July 4th!