The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
In my opinion, any holiday is a good excuse for making tasty treats. So, I leapt on the opportunity to make these green velvet whoopie pies for St. Patrick’s Day, as adapted from Love from the Oven! It would have been a ‘sham-rock’ to pass them up! Wahaha…ha…ha…
Green Velvet Whoopie Pies
Makes about 35 small, leprechaun-sized pies
3 ½ cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup oil
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon vinegar (I used white wine)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ounce green food coloring
1-ounce package of softened cream cheese
¼ cup softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 bag powdered sugar (2 lb. bag)
Milk, as needed
Shamrock sprinkles (optional)
First, the cake:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease cookie sheet.
2. Lightly stir eggs in a medium bowl with whisk, then add in remaining liquid ingredients (including food coloring!) and whisk until blended. Set aside.
3. Place all dry ingredients in a different mixing bowl and stir together well.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix on medium-high until well combined (about a minute or two).
5. Place dollops onto cookie sheet (use a swirl motion as you pour to make them round).
6. Bake for 10 minutes, then cool.
Now, the filling:
7. Cream together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in a bowl until smooth.
8. Gradually add in powdered sugar and continue mixing.
9. Add in milk as needed to get to the desired consistency.
10. Frost and shamrock sprinkle away!
umm… tasty 🙂
Oh how I’d love to pop some of these in my mouth right now!! 😀 Happy St. Patrick’s day!
Mmmm… these looks so yummy! I love themed food 🙂
These are delicious! Everybody should make them now!
check out my blog and follow me on twitter @zebraandmeerkat x
I was lucky enough to nab one in the kitchen here. YUM YUM, YOU MAKE NOW!
This comment made my day.
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.