You know that French press sitting in your cupboard? You know, the glorious contraption that’s provided you with a caffeine boost on the regular? Well, did you know it can also serve as the perfect way to concoct fruity water fusions? Sure, you can always use a jar or a water bottle, but then you have to deal with bits of mint stuck in your teeth or giant pieces of strawberry getting in the way of your much needed hydration. No one wants that.
Cue the French press, which allows you to easily infuse just about any flavor combo your pretty heart desires.
What you Need:
A fruit and herb combo of your choice
Step 1: Chop, Chop
Chop up your fruit into smaller pieces. Keeping fruit whole looks pretty, but you’ll extract more flavor if it’s cut.
Step 2: Get Herbal
If you’re feeling it, add a few sprigs of your favorite herb and throw everything into your French press.
Step 3: H2O Action
Add water and then give your fruit about five minutes to marinate. Press down to squeeze out even more fruit flavor.
Step 4: Pour and Enjoy
1. Consider adding a sweetener to your water if you want to treat yourself. Try honey, sugar, or sugar alternatives.
2. If you’re craving something fizzy, use sparkling water. You can also combine your water fusion drink with ginger ale or cream soda for a flavor boost.
3. Herbs add depth to your fruit concoctions. Mint works with pretty much anything, as does basil.
4. Try to use fruits that are in season and herbs that are really fresh. Get creative while shopping at your local farmers’ market.
5. If fruity isn’t your thing, you could try an herbal fusion with some vanilla.