Looking to take your barbecue fare to the next level? In need of an encouraging adage to embolden your picnic picks? To this, we say: Aahhh. Push it. Push it ‘GRILL’ good — with these caramelized grilled peaches!
Commandeering our handy Barbecue Crusader Portable Grill, we blazed a trail towards inventive (and exquisite) summertime fare, and boy, was our victorious arrival sweet.
Off we go!
What You’ll Need:
3-6 ripe peaches (or nectarines — whichever you prefer!)
1/4 cup brown sugar
Melted butter or butter substitute
Vanilla ice cream
Six Quick Steps to Success:
1. Heat grill.
2. Cut peaches in half and cleanly remove pit, creating a makeshift bowl.
3. Brush the insides of your peach halves with a thin layer of melted butter. Top with a sprinkling of brown sugar to create a caramelized coating once grilled.
4. Place those beauties face-down on the grill! Depending on how hot your grill is, cooking time may range from 1-2 minutes. (We waited until those gorgeous charred lines appeared. Swoon!)
5. Once semi-cooled, scoop vanilla ice cream into each grilled peach.
6. Top your confection with caramel sauce and raspberries, and BOOM. You’re there!
Pictured: Furthermore the Merrier Plate Set
+What’s your favorite food to grill?