Grin and Giggle Over these Vintage Thanksgiving Photos

Image via Reminisce

Times may have changed, but traditions have not; Thanksgiving is still that friend- and family-focused holiday during which we gather before a feast-laden table and tell ourselves we’ll remain true to the ‘pumpkin-pie-in-the-sky’ notion that this year, we won’t stuff ourselves to the point of needing someone to roll us, Violet-Beauregarde-style, to bed. As you await the amazing onslaught of gravy, turkey, and cranberry sauce that’s headed your way tomorrow, take a minute to enjoy these photos of the ghosts of Thanksgivings past.

Image via SFGate

Image via The Vintage Mama

Image via Blog.krrb.com

Image via The Dog’s Breakfast

Image via Anthony Catalano

Haven’t had your fill of fun photos? Head over to our Tumblr, where you can gobble up more vintage Thanksgiving goodness!

About Hannah

Easy Makeup for Going Out: Featuring Anna Sui Beauty
October 22, 2018
Haunt Now, Haute Later: Three Scary-Stylish Outfits
October 11, 2018

6 Comments

1. Julie C. (ModCloth) 11/21/2012 at 1:49 pm #

Ha! The last one is giving me fond memories of being stuck at the ‘kids’ table’ for wayyyy too many years! Sometimes I feel as if I still belong there. 😉

• Rebecca Jean (@Midnight_Maniac) 11/23/2012 at 9:28 am #

I loved the kids’ table! We had such fun. It was way better than eating with the boring adults.

• Anthony Catalano 11/14/2013 at 11:35 pm #

I took that photo, Thanks! Wanda Caruso 1st cuz, John Cat. (my bro), Noele Caruso 1st cuz. Nov 1976. We often had “spillover” into the parlor (house built 1850) in the form of a “kids table” because we had a total of 7 kids/teens and 4 adults.

• Light Y 04/26/2018 at 1:08 pm #

Maybe it was because of the way my family raised my sister and I (extreme Catholic traditions etc…) but, I remember having to sit at the same table with the adults, and, being there was a total of 15 people in a single family ranch home, there were 6 kids/9 adults, it was SO cramped at one table. I seriously, do not ever remember having a ‘kids table’ to sit at.

2. Sarah 11/22/2012 at 8:32 am #

These are adorable!

xoxo missdottidee.blogspot.com

3. chocoliv 11/23/2012 at 1:33 am #

Being abroad makes me miss thanksgiving and all the holiday spirits so much! The turkey.. the family gatherings, fireplace fire, all the pies…. mm mm good!

-liv