Touring with your band is hard. The hunger for music sometimes overcomes practical day-to-day necessities, like filling your belly with wholesome meals. Brooklyn writer Kara Zuaro reached out to noted musicians in favorite indie bands to uncover their on-the-road recipes in our Book of the Month, I Like Food, Food Tastes Good.
While the book bubbles over with easy-to-follow recipes, it’s more than just a cookbook. Stories about the recipes and direct quotes from the musicians themselves add flavor. You’ll get a buffet of different types of dishes. Just like music brings people together, this book brings meat eaters and non-meat eaters alike. You’ve got Roots of Orchis’ Sweet Potato Biscuits and Vegan Vegetable Gravy, as well as Battles’ Roasted Bone Marrow. For adventurous diners, there’s an entire chapter on funny sandwich combinations from the likes of Belle and Sebastian, M. Ward, and more. There’s even something called the “Exploding Sandwich.”
This is a cute and unique cookbook for the indie music fan, or just anyone who loves a standout title in her or his kitchen. Would you like a copy to put on your turntable? You can win a copy simply for participating in our monthly discussion in a comment below!
If you had the chance to cook a meal for your favorite band, what would you make and what is that band?
- You have until February 28, 2013 to participate.
- Though you may leave comments after the above date, any comments left after 11:59 p.m. PT on February 28 will not qualify.
- Only comments left on this blog post will be counted into the giveaway.
- Winners will be chosen at random.
- We will contact you via e-mail if you are a winner.
- For more information, please see our Contests & Comments page.