“It’s not unlikely that this guide has been clandestinely placed in your path precisely to create a time traveler out of you…” reads our latest Book of the Month, So You Created a Wormhole. This quirky guidebook is an in-depth look at how to be a time traveler in today’s world. Though it touches on actual theories of time travel, the fact that there is only theory in time travels allows authors Phil Hornshaw and Nick Hurwitch a lot of creative freedom. Referencing popular films, such as my personal favorite, Back to the Future, this book predicts problems and offers solutions to the time traveler.
A particularly useful section is “Surviving in Time.” In it, you find a field guide to making it through any era, from “The Beginning” to the year “CE ?????” and everything in between. What do you do if captured by 19th-century cowboys? How can you use interstellar trade routes to your advantage? This book has you covered.
Sound like fun? If you would like to win a copy of So You Created a Wormhole, just leave a comment in response to the discussion question below! Tell us:
Where and when would you time travel to, and what skills do you anticipate using?
- You have until January 31, 2013 to participate.
- Though you may leave comments after the above date, any comments left after 11:59 p.m. PT on January 31 will not qualify.
- Only comments left on this blog post will be counted into the giveaway.
- Winners will be chosen at random.
- We will contact you via e-mail if you are a winner.
- For more information, please see our Contests & Comments page.