Back to School Beats

You’re on your way to your first day back in the classroom. What are you wearing? What are you listening to? If you’re listening to the beat of Mark Ronson and the Business Intl’s “Bang Bang Bang,” you might be sporting a style similar to the ModStylist-created style board featuring fold-down booties, the perfect plaid shirt, and a killer pair of Quay Shades!

Or, perhaps your dress is influenced by the fiery, bohemian Karen Elson. Whatever sound matches your style, the following playlist has tunes from indie alternative to dance that you’ll want to use for inspiration  –  and share with your friends!

What do you think of these seven recently-released tracks? Is there a song or band you’d like to educate us on?

About Julianne

Julie is a modern day Renaissance woman and die-hard bloody mary enthusiast. When she’s not sprinkling magic fairy dust onto ModCloth’s social media channels, you can find her eclectic point of view on food, fashion, music, and DIY documented here!

6 Responses to Back to School Beats

1. Beverly 08/17/2010 at 12:41 am #

Listening to some ol’ time rock ‘n’ roll. Can’t go wrong with Springsteen, Petty, Seger or Dylan. 🙂

2. Bry 08/17/2010 at 2:41 am #

Not new but I’m all about The Postal Service just now. Sweet, pretty motivational tunes. Thanks for all the tips Modcloth. I’ve been scouring your blog for the last few weeks. It’s 4 years since I was last a student so I want to make sure I go back to school in style! x

3. Ruddy 08/17/2010 at 5:15 am #

I like the songs u introduce, but i fell in love with Nothern Lights and Kathryn Calder, really good music ^^. How about Frou Frou and Capsule?

4. Melissa 08/18/2010 at 1:54 am #

I really love Florence + The Machine. Florence Welch has an excellent style too. Blonde Redhead is also amazing. Kazue Makino’s voice is so airy and original.

5. Amanda 08/19/2010 at 1:29 am #

Mumford & Sons, Sigur Ros, Sufjan Stevens, Ghostland Observatory, Discovery. I have a whole playlist of indie artists who keep High School from stealing my soul, ha!

6. Erica 12/06/2010 at 2:03 am #

The Violent Femmes are like the soundtrack of high school life.