The NowhereNauts: Going Somewhere Awesome

I wish I would have been this cool as a teen. The NowhereNauts, comprised of sister and brother Sofie Kapur (age 16) on lead vocals and Anders Kapur (age 19) on bass, plus  Hunter Lombard (age 17) on guitar, are a youthful trio with a sophisticated sound. While I’m jazzed to have found them now, I would have been even more excited as a music hungry high school girl.

While I was a big Smashing Pumpkins fan at 16 (sign of the times, maybe?), the NowhereNauts are fans of current musicians Arcade Fire and Fever Ray, with a few classics like the Talking Heads and My Bloody Valentine in their library, too.

Enjoy the playlist they were nice enough to put together for sharing. Plus, look forward to their debut album coming out this spring!

What music have you recently discovered?

9 Responses to The NowhereNauts: Going Somewhere Awesome

1. Cat 12/08/2010 at 4:25 pm #

I usually have been very skittish to listening to the groups on here, because I don’t know what to expect and I also come from a strong classical background. But the NowhereNauts are totally awesome. They have a very 60s vibe to them, almost like the Beatles with female voices. I’m very impressed, and I think I may look at the other ModCloth suggestions…

• Angela (ModCloth) 12/08/2010 at 4:44 pm #

I’m glad you like them, Cat. I often have a hard time finding music I like. It’s once in a blue moon that I find something that really sticks with me, so I feel ya. This band is a jewel, in my opinion! Thanks for your comment and I hope you enjoy our other music selections.

2. Lily 12/08/2010 at 6:45 pm #

Huh… Blue Lily Photography… Thats funny. My NAME is Lily Blue -_- (no im not kidding, its really my middle name.)

3. jamie 12/08/2010 at 9:24 pm #

Is this the daughter and son of Kristin Kapur from Through the Loops? Awesome!

• Angela (ModCloth) 12/09/2010 at 1:22 pm #

Yeah! I check out Through the Loops every so often, and that’s how I found The NowhereNauts!

4. Kayli 12/09/2010 at 10:07 am #

mumford and sons
    noah and the whale
    gregory and the hawk
    joshua radin
    kina grannis
    angus and julia stone
    someone still loves you boris yeltsin
    josh pyke
    caravelle village
    william fitzsimmons

and it’s not a new musician i found, just a new album. but if you like the author nick hornby as much as i do then you will love the music he has written for ben folds in their new cd “lonely avenue”

• Violet 12/11/2010 at 12:52 am #

I heard about nick hornby writing for ben folds, apparently they started this little correspondence and now hornby writes all these crazy songs for folds. that is so cool. by the way noah and the whale by laura marling? she is amazing.

5. Brianna 01/11/2011 at 11:17 pm #

Wow, I really love the NowhereNauts sound. They sound so
    well put together, it’s hard to believe that they’re so young!! I’m
    definitely going to add them to my library!

• The NowhereNauts 01/26/2011 at 9:30 pm #

Thank you everyone for the generous comments and thanks again to ModCloth for the article. Our album will be released on May 3rd.
      Sofie, Hunter & Anders (The NowhereNauts)