Image via The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit
Today is National Coffee day. If you fancy yourself a coffee drinker, we’ve got five fun facts about the addicting, aromatic Java to share.
Image via Business Insider Australia
1. Here’s one you can break out at parties: One of the most expensive types of coffee is kopi luwak, which is processed through the digestive system of a wild cat known as a civet. Yup, it’s harvested from the cat’s, um…you know.
Image via The Caffination
2. Coffee beans are actually seeds, derived from a fruit that is red or purple in color. Their shape explains the common “bean” reference.
Image via WikiMedia Commons
3. “Java” as a nickname for brew has 17th-century origins. Indonesia’s Java area was once the world’s largest coffee producer.
Image via Mitzi’s Collectibles
4. Our favorite caffeinated beverage was one of the first edible items to be freeze dried.
Image via The Graphics Fairy
5. The Bean Belt houses all the world’s coffee-producing plants, and it’s located between the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn.
Image via Ephemeraology
What’s your coffee type of choice?