Sparking Up Good Deeds

sparked.com graphic

Now, even a late night of below-freezing weather can be a perfect time to sneak in a bit of volunteer work. We’re all abuzz about Sparked.com, a new “micro-volunteering” site that allows you to assist nonprofits from your laptop.

Simply choose from a list of issues and describe your skills to receive a list of challenges tailor-made to your interests! Sample challenges include writing an encouraging note to a homeless child, or brainstorming ways to reach people for a cancer-fighting nonprofit.

What do you think of micro-volunteering?

About ModCloth

Easy Makeup for Going Out: Featuring Anna Sui Beauty
October 22, 2018
Haunt Now, Haute Later: Three Scary-Stylish Outfits
October 11, 2018

6 Comments

1. George 12/16/2010 at 4:01 pm #

I’ve heard of that site before! super keen stuff their doing! loaf it! nice work gang!

Cheers,
    George
    Raised By Wolves

2. George 12/16/2010 at 4:03 pm #

I totes love posts like this! samesies! loaf it.

George
    Raised By Wolves

3. Holly 12/16/2010 at 5:05 pm #

Any kind of volunteering is great, mirco, macro, macaroni. Ok, lame. But still. And volunteering can be fun as well! I recently painted a hopscotch square at a homeless shelter, doesn’t get much cooler than that.

• Holly 12/17/2010 at 1:49 am #

oh just thought i’d add- my university requires 45 hours of community service to graduate.. a way to get people to be active in the community- even if forcibly so.

4. Kim 12/16/2010 at 6:46 pm #

Wow, what a cool idea! I love to volunteer but find it hard to fit into my schedule especially not having a car, it can be tough to get to places in person. Also I am interested in many causes and have a bit of ADD so it can be tough to narrow down to one organization and stick with it. So I love the idea of volunteering from home and helping with many different causes. Will definitely look into this site!

5. Erin 12/17/2010 at 9:53 am #

I never knew about this website, how cool! I’ll have to spread the news about this! 🙂