The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
In this outfit: Garden Club Dress, The Bauhaus Belt, Livingstone Peep Toe Wedge, St. Cecilia Locket, Petal Perfect Headband, Lipstick in Cosmopop
Amsterdam is a culture-stuffed city exploding with super sights – enough to keep you occupied for days on end. Ready to learn about some of what there is to see? Gouda! Oops, we mean good!
Photo: Flickr user Earcos
1. Admit it: ClichÃ© though it may be, you love Van Gogh’s work. Who doesn’t? Plan an exploration of the busy, yet beautiful Vincent Van Gogh Museum. You’ll be surprised to see how Van Gogh’s work evolved over the years, delighting in early masterpieces such as “The Potato Eaters” and his later works like “Tree Roots.”
2. In the mood for some thrifting? From vintage dresses and old military uniforms, to retro records and bizarre bric-Ã -brac, the Waterlooplein Flea Market is a great way to satiate your shopping needs and spend some time outside. You can even get a tattoo at one of this market’s curtained booths, but we recommend a more comfortable visit of simple browsing, ending with a cone full of hot, wedged fries from a food stand.
3. Ever wonder what it would be like to live in a boat on Amsterdam’s canals? Well, the Houseboat Museum is here to answer your questions. Small, yet informative, this floating museum will show you what residing on the water is all ‘a-boat!’
Photo: Flickr user Joiseyshowaa
4. Buy a fresh stroopwafel from a vendor at Albert Cuyp Market. Savor its warm, gooey, sugary superbness as you wander along, letting your eyes feast upon the miles of stands quaking full of flowers, cheese, clothes, and other odds and ends.
5. Take a spin out of the cycle of city living by hopping on one of Mike’s Bike Tours. Although Mike’s offers city visits, you’ll want to hop on their countryside tour, which begins in the urban streets and urbanely rolls out to see some typical Dutch delights, including a stop at a cheese farm!
There’s so much more Amsterdam has to offer. What would you recommend?
Oooh, I love you Amsterdam outfit!
Agreed — the outfit is adorable. Love the colors and the vintage flair.
And I know it’s kinda depressing, but you can’t go to Amsterdam and NOT go to the Anne Frank House.
The Amsterdam outfit is very much ‘Hannah.’
my uncle used to teach a college class in amsterdam and lived in a town called harlem. he said harlem is the exact same as amsterdam but less tourists and cheaper prices. so if you ever go def check it out too!
One of my favorite things about amsterdam is that bikes are like the family car. Depending on what you have to carry — groceries, pets, children — people outfit their bikes to suit their lives! I saw a woman riding a bike with 3 kids on it with her!
Ohh i was so pleased to see my hometown on modcloth! I love the outfit! If you want to buy some great vintage pieces, you should go to the noordermarkt on monday morning. It’s much better than the waterloosquare.
I study in Amsterdam, and it’s the greatest city! (: I think Brianna means Haarlem, with two A’s. (: Harlem is a district in NYC if I’m not mistaken! But it’s so nice to see Amsterdam featured, and I can deff. see myself strolling along the Vondelpark in this little outfit!
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.