You may not be able to travel to Oz, but you CAN go to the Emerald City, also known as Seattle. This moniker may make you think of wizards and soaring palaces, but Seattle is not home to these fantastic things – at least not in a literal sense. Rather, Seattle has other near-magical claims to fame – Microsoft, Jimi Hendrix, the Space Needle, Starbucks and Costco. With so many famous progeny, Seattle must have a lot to offer.
Read on to see what’s in store.
1. Recommended by ModCloth girl Lauren, Mighty-O Donuts is OH so amazing. Their donuts are organic AND vegan, so nosh on these earth-friendly donuts with a clean conscious. When you take out your A Wallet Of Dough to pay for your treat, you’ll be sure to get some admiring remarks on your bakery-savvy style.
2. Perhaps the most famous of all Seattle attractions (forget the Space Needle!) is Pike Place Market. There’s no better place to while away the hours than in this expansive market. Watch the fish workers throw their seafood through the air, wander into the tea store and buy some Market Spice Tea, browse the artisan crafts, and purchase fresh food. Bring along your environmentally-friendly Perfect Palate bag to store all your purchases.
3. If you’re itching for some great vintage western wear, go to Insurrection. Their stock is fabulous – it should be illegal to have so many amazing vintage cowboy boots under one roof! Wear your Maine Tunic to show their vintage plaid shirts who’s boss.
4. Ms. Movie Theater, I now wed you to Mr. Bar. With those words, The Big Picture came into being. As you walk into this bar-theater for a taste of great nightlife, be sure to put on your Gelato Sunglasses to protect your superstar identity. A VIP-style night here includes watching a movie in the luxurious, ottoman-equipped seats and sipping delicious cocktails served to you seat-side.
5. You’ll need something comfortable to wear, like the Four Seasons Jeans, as you clamber onto a bench to get a better view of the costumed revelers at the annual Fremont Solstice Parade. This event is a blast, but innocent eyes, beware – you might see some participants who’ve chosen to dress up in their birthday suit!
For our next travel bug blog, we’ll fly over to Prague, so start brushing up on your Czech!