The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
With summer vacation so tantalizingly near, it’s hard to keep your mind from wandering into delicious daydreams about hitting the open road or jetting off to exotic locales. So, to assuage our appetite for adventure, we asked Vicki of the blog Magpie Girl to give us a tour of Belfast, the capital of Northern Ireland.
Vicki wears the Geometric Treat Sweater, Spritzed with Glamour Skirt, and Cute It Out Bootie.
1. St. George’s Market. “Built in 1890, it is one of the oldest attractions in Belfast, and has won numerous awards within the U.K. and Ireland. It’s one of my favorite places to visit on a Saturday morning; it’s full of fresh fish, breads, tapas, live music, and [has] a great atmosphere. I would go for the freshly stuffed olives alone – yum!”
2. Avoca. “This is by far my favorite shop ever! It has everything under one roof and is just beautiful to wander through. [The store is] stocked with kitschy teapots, vintage-style jewelry, handmade soaps, [and] cashmere throws, and decorated with fairy lights and artificial cherry blossom trees. I could live in this store!”
3. Belfast Botanic Gardens. “A great place to sit and relax. Surrounded by the rose garden and tall trees, it’s easy to forget you are in the center of a busy city…”
4. The Little Cupcake CafÃ©. “I’ve always had a sweet tooth, and this is the perfect place to indulge in all things sugar-filled! Located just behind the prestigious City Hall, The Little Cupcake CafÃ© has about 15 flavors of cupcakes and milkshakes. My personal favorites are the chocolate milkshake and Oreo cookie cupcake with peanut butter – enough to send you into a sugar coma, but totally worth it!”
5. Crown Bar. “Formerly known as the Crown Liquor Saloon, Crown Bar is one of the oldest bars in Belfast, and the only bar owned by the National Trust. It is as extravagant on the inside as on the outside, with cozy booths that still have a Victorian bell system, so you can ring when you are in need of another pint of Guinness!”
Thanks for the tour, Vicki! Have any of you readers been to Belfast?
style bloggers, wanderlust
Goodness I want to desperately go there. She is so sweet. I love Vicki!!
I’m going to be in Belfast soon and this super snazzy guide has given me lots of ideas of things to do while I’m there!
I can’t wait.
Love her blog!
Oh, how pretty does Belfast look! I love her blog, it was great of you to feature her. I can’t wait to someday visit Northern Ireland, my boyfriend’s family is from there!
Ireland has always been on my list of places to see. Now, I have narrowed it down to a few cities in Ireland…Belfast being one of them! I loved how beautiful everything looked!
Many thanks for the mention and the lovely photos! Cathy, owner of the little cupcake cafe
what size is she wearing?! i wanna get this sweater but i can’t decide if M/L will look good! :/
Lovely photos and it looks like an extremely nice place to visit sometime
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2017 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.