The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
(Image above courtesy of Zaida MontaÃ±ana on Wikipedia)
(Items above: Cynical Teen Glasses, Jade Tree Romper, Friendship Wedges, The Tokyo Tote, Kawaii Woodland Wallet, Ling Ling Pendant)
Did you know that Toyko and its environs compose the world’s most populous metropolitan region? ÅŒme, oh my! Pretty nifty, huh? Though you might get lost in translation when visiting, don’t let this deter you; Toyko has tons of terrific things up its sleeves. Let’s hop over to HonshÅ« and see what’s cooking! (Or what’s raw if you prefer sushi).
Keep reading to find out what’s in store!
1. If you’re a fan of thrifting, you’ll have a field day rambling through a sea of secondhand stuff at the Jingu Gaien Park Monthly Flea Market. Though hawkers of knock-off purses and silly souvenirs may swarm the city, only amateurs and everyday ‘Hiroshis’ can sell their wares here. It’s like a city-wide yard sale, and you’ll have a blast filling your Tokyo Tote with fantastic finds.
2. Devote an afternoon to Asakusa, a region of Toyko abounding with temples such as SensÅji and Asakusa Jinja. Enshrine yourself in one of the area’s many restaurants for a break from the bustle or hit tourist shopping head on in the Nakamise shopping arcade. Keep an eye out for special events such as the Sanja Matsuri Festival, a Shinto celebration with parades of portable shrines.
3. For a bonafide Japanese meal, mosey over to Tofuro, one of the best Izakaya around. Try to get a seat in the main room with a view of the Irori (open hearth). With daily specials that change according to the market catch and the chef’s whims and a staple menu of delights, you’re sure to have a marvelous meal at this entertaining eatery without emptying your Kawaii Woodland Wallet.
4. Touristy? Yes. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t fun. The Toyko Great Cycling Tour is a wonderful way to see the city “en plein air.” Get a work out as you work out the ins and outs of the city with a knowledgeable guide leading the way. The fee includes bike rentals, boxed lunch, and a 1% donation to the One Percent for the Planet project. Your Jade Tree Romper, with its ultra comfy and cute design, will be the perfect outfit for this mobile activity. Book yourself a spot and get ‘ps-ycled’ for a tour-riffic time!
5. Do the words “hot springs” pique your interest? Mm-hmm. That’s what we thought. Great for a day trip out of the city, Ryokan Tamagoyu at Takayu Onsen is an ideal spa-ce for relaxation. Take this consul: furbish your travel-weary skin with these hot waters reputed for their curative qualities since the 17th century. Unlike many other onsen (hot springs) in the vicinity of Toyko, this location revels in the nature around it, capturing water from nearby sources and leaving the water at its natural, warm temperature.
Get ready to fly far for our next Travel Bug; we’re heading to Paris!
What, no Shibuya?
If you’re into fashion, Shibuya cannot be missed! Especially Harajuku.
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2017 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.