The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
Outfit Above: Flower Shower Dress, Memphis Belle Bomber, Blue Suede Shoes, Raspberry Rocker Bag, Primrose and Proper Hair Clip
Home to The King and blues music that will chase away anyone’s blues, the music mecca of Memphis is a mighty mellisonant place that’s great for a visit. In fact, if we’re rating cities on a scale of one to ten, we give Memphis a ‘Ten-nessee!’
Read on to see what recommendations we’ve strummed up!
1. If your creative juices are running a bit low, there’s no better place to recharge them than Five in One. Attend one of the Monday night social clubs where you can learn a new craft, or check out one of their events, ranging from art exhibitions to ‘bring your own items for us to print on’ nights.
2. If you think vinyl is a goner, you’ve never been to Goner Records. This eclectic record label and music shop is busting at the seams with CDs of note, new and used records, T-shirts, posters, and other music merchandise. There’s even a turntable and CD player at back where you can listen to tunes before you buy them, as well as an Elvis impersonator shrine. In short – for the record – this place is ace!
3. Ah, home cookin’. Ain’t nothing like it is there? That’s why we recommend you head to Brother Juniper’s, stat. Nearly as comfy as your own kitchen, this friendly little joint is often busy, but is well worth the wait. Once you get a bite of the savory biscuits and gravy, the sinfully delicious home fries, or the bafflingly yummy Greek omelet, nothing else will matter. P.S. They have plenty of veggie options too.
Graceland. Photo: Sweetmagnoliatours.com
4. Defying demolition threats, bankruptcies, and fire, the ever-gorgeous Orpheum Theater is one of Memphis’ most marvelous monuments. Go to one of the Broadway shows it hosts or, if it’s between plays, whatever classic movie it’s showing. And, don’t forget to give a gander to seat C5, Box 5 – word has it that there’s a young and friendly ghost who sits there!
5. Guitar lover or not, the Gibson Factory Tour is ‘te-riff-ic!’ On this guided tour of Gibson’s fret-filled factory, you’ll walk right through the woodchip-covered floor of the working warehouse, and see these indelible instruments in the making. Try to go on a weekday to see the factory in full swing, and try to reserve a spot in advance.
Comment below with your own Tennessee tales!
I’ve been to Graceland more than once, and it’s actually really cool to visit! Super exciting.
Just taking a stroll by the big Mississippi River is a lovely way to take in the natural beauty of the city. Fun place.
I have lived in Memphis all my life and didn’t know half of these places existed! May is the best time to visit Memphis. Musicfest, BBQ fest, every weekend is one big party!
I’m a Memphian, too! So nice to see my hometown on here!
If you’re looking for great vintage in Memphis stop by the vintage department store on Central Ave. called Flashback. Great place!
Also, the Goodwills in Memphis are great!
I’ve lived in Memphis for around five years now and I love it here! You did a great job of highlighting great spots in town!
Memphis looks awesome! It’s going on my list of places to visit in America. 🙂
Thanks for the rec! I had no idea a place like that existed in Memphis! I am going to have to go check it out after class sometime! It doesn’t look too far from the U of M!
You must go to Sun Studios – by far the best museum w/ awesome storytelling guides
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.