The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
(Image Above: Background image from http://pinkpeonies73.blogspot.com)
Here at ModCloth, we were so excited when Winona Dimeo-Ediger, of the blog Daddy Likey, said yes to picking out ModCloth outfits using advice from her new book, Closet Confidential. In this post you’ll hear her recommendations for the perfect outfits for three occasions: a dinner party, a job interview, and a date. Here’s what she has to say:
Your “Hosting a Dinner Party to Celebrate Your Friend Getting Out of a Codependent Relationship” Outfit
– Soda Fountain Dress in Grape
– Mini Dots Tights in Delphinium
– Pop Peep Toes (you’ll take them off after ten minutes)
– Finishing School Headband in Sparkling Ivory
– Sweatpants. Please.
Also works for:
– Dinner parties celebrating any occasion
– Baking cookies alone while listening to Sinatra
– Tea with your grandma
– At-home dates
Bonus Tip: If you want to ensure your guests dress up too, I’ve found adding “or else” to the dress code to be quite helpful.
Keep reading for two more outfits and tips from Winona!
(Image Above: Background image from http://www.exquisitefunction.com)
Your “Job Interview for a Job You’re Not Qualified For” Outfit
– Cont Pencil Skirt (if a pencil skirt could talk, it would be eloquent, experienced, and professional, so let it talk for you)
– Boutique Crawl Cardigan
– Quite Contrary Earrings
– Dad Knows Best Watch
– Venti Heels (should be IMMACULATE–nothing kills job interview mojo like scuffed shoes)
– Mystery Tour Coat
– Glitter eye shadow, resume printed on pink notebook paper
Also works for:
– Important work presentations
– Book club when you didn’t read the book (you’ll look so intimidating, nobody will question you)
– Meeting your lover’s devoutly religious parents
– Sexy secretary outfit
Bonus Tip: A high school friend of mine was once in charge of setting up the chairs at an important event. On his resume, he listed himself as “Event Chairman.” He’s now a successful real estate agent.
(Image Above: Background image from http://www.alamedainfo.com)
Your “Meeting Your Online Boyfriend for the First Time in a Neutral, Public Place” Outfit
– Hey Ho Let’s Bow Ankle Jeans
– Best Friend Tank in Cobalt
– Take the Reigns Jacket
– Rose Garden Tour Flats
– Lita Clutch in Fender
– The Classic Wayfarers
– Shakespearean Pendant
– Skintight leopard print mini dress
Also works for:
– First day of class at your liberal arts college
– Art openings
– Late night show at the jazz club
– Wine tasting
Bonus Tip: When trying to make a good first impression, people either clam up and dress way too bland or try too hard and overdo it: go for a middle ground that showcases your unique style and keeps you comfortable.
Like the tips you see in this post? Check out her book!
Great post! I love the Bonus Tips, and these outfits are all fabulous.
I really like the idea of wearing the first outfit and baking cookies while listening to Sinatra….if only I baked! 🙂
I like the first two outfits. But the third one would scare away any guy that made it so far as I was going to meet him. It seems to give the impression of too high maintenance.
Great outfits, very well styled and put together! I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy of Closet Confidential. 🙂
HAHHAHA! Event Chairman. That’s brilliant.
My favorite is definitely going to have to be “Meeting Your Online Boyfriend”
But, I am happily in love… So, I’ll use it for an art gallery, coffee date, and Jazz concert!
i absolutely love that purple dress. i’m probably going to have to buy it. 😀
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2017 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.