The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
Photo: New York Magazine
There’s no better proof that ‘fashion is art’ than what one might call “Surrealist Fashion.” Take a look at the examples below to see what we mean!
10. Moschino’s multi-shirt sweater. This shirt is at the top of the charts!
9. BC Shoes’ Hop to It Wedges. These keep selling out, so ‘g-rabbit’ before it’s gone!
8. Hussein Chalayan’s laser dress. Laser light shows aren’t only for science centers.
7. Marjan Pejoski’s BjÃ¶rk swan dress. Some thought BjÃ¶rk was a quack for wearing this dress, but we thought she was pretty awesome!
6. Agatha Ruiz de la Prada’s breakfast dress. Makes life sunny and sunny side up.
5. Viktor & Rolf’s NO Coat. Now, that’s what I call a statement piece!
4. Antony Gormley’s face hat. Wearing this will put your style a head above the rest.
3. Elsa Schiaparelli’s shoe hat.This hat kicked off the surreal fashion aesthetic.
2. Jean-Charles de Castelbajac’s Warhol dress. Fashion = art.
1. Manish Arora’s carousel dress. This guy’s not horsing around!
Which of the above is your favorite? What do you think of surrealist fashion?
runway, Top 10
Hannah, I love this post! My favorite might just be that shoe hat…hmm…expect to see a replica soon!
I kind of really like #2. Although I kind of really enjoy all of them…
the carousel dress is my favorite.
i also like the face hat…and the laser dress!
I like the “No coat”. Amazing!
I love that Viktor & Rolf coat. the whole collection, really.
Surrealist fashion is my FAVE. Speaking of, I was lucky to score the When and Wear scarf right before it went out of stock again! Whew! http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/When+and+Wear+Scarf
What a great post! I particularly love Hussein Chalayan’s laser dress…even more fascinating on video, as each laser is attached to a motor that can rotate and move it around to hit different crystals. http://www.fashioningtech.com/video/hussein-chalayan-laser-dress
I LOVE Manish Aroraâ€™s carousel dress. It’s so cool and kinda cute!
i like the carousel dress! it’s actually really cute, on top of being funny 🙂
It’s a tie between the Carousel Dress and the Warhol Dress for me. I would probably wear both of them. 🙂
I LOVE the carousel dress, the bright colors and the elaborate patterns are both innovative and fun!
I really like this post too!
The laser dress looks like it should come with a warning: Looking directly at wearer may cause blindness.
and I’m going to agree with the colors on the carousel dress, very fun! And the breakfast dress is made amazing by the sausage (kielbasa?) jauntily placed on top of the model’s head, brilliant! 😀
I think surrealist fashion is like modern art… sometimes it’s just really cool to look at!
i love viktor & rolf. they are one of my favorites! =) great post! i’d love to see more posts on runway fashion!
Glad you all liked this! :-D. You’re making my little heart glow – surrealist fashion is my fave.
Thanks for directing us to the video about the laser dress, Elly! Neato.
Bjork’s “swan dress” was definitely epic.
My fave is the Warhol dress…huge fan that I am and always will be!!! Thanks Hannah for this great post!
Agatha Ruiz de la Pradaâ€™s breakfast dress wins hands down!!
I’m a big fan of food to fashion infusions. Breakfast never looked so wearable!
You’re welcome, Janet 😀
haha! My faves are #1 #4 & #7 but they’re all great. (:
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2017 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.