You might have heard – it’s Women’s History month! Since this year’s theme is Writing Women Back into History, today’s Top 10 will celebrate some of the lovely ladies of literature!
10. Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice. Independent, thoughtful, and courageous, this heroine is a big thing on the literary ‘radar-cy.’
9. Alice from Alice in Wonderland. For her curiosity and charm, Alice is the queen of our hearts.
8. Amelia Bedelia from the Amelia Bedelia series. Her silly way literally made us laugh out loud.
7. Hermione from Harry Potter. Super smarts and terrific talents – it’s hard to say ‘witch’ thing we like better about her.
6. Jane from Jane Eyre. Despite a disadvantaged background, Jane makes a good life for herself, so hear, hear for Eyre!
5. Josephine from Little Women. With her big heart and bold soul, Jo has ‘marched’ her way onto this list.
4. Coraline from Coraline. This little lady takes no nonsense, and we admire her clever, well-intentioned ways.
3. Rosamund from The Tough Princess. She’s nothing but herself, and her confidence cycles circles around our hearts.
2. Nancy Drew from the Nancy Drew series. It’s no mystery why this intelligent and fearless female is one of our favorites.
1. Scarlett from Gone with the Wind. Not only does this lady have an admirable iron will, but she also does dazzling feats with drapery!
Who are your favorite fictional females? Come on, we know you’ve got a few! If you’d like to talk more about your favorite reads, join our GoodReads group!