Image courtesy of scarletmadeline.buzznet.com
You already know how much we love the 1980s. We thought it might be time to talk a little bit about that decade in which most of us actually grew up. We love the 90s!
- Grunge. The ultimate 90s trend that included flannel, chokers, piercings, tiny hair clips and more. Marc Jacobs is credited for bringing grunge to the runways with his 1992 collection for Perry Ellis.
- Neon. This trend is having a comeback!
- Sagging Jeans. The point here was to wear the oversized pants low enough that your awesome boxer shorts are exposed. Still rocking this trend? You’ll love this site.
- Scrunchies. This lovable hair accessory came in every color and every pattern imaginable. Many girls even made their own.
- “Belly” shirts. As the lovely Kelly Kapowski is showing off in the above photo, shirts or bra-tops that revealed one’s belly were considered super hot.
- The Blossom Hat. Who didn’t love Blossom’s quirky sense of style? Her upturned hat inspired teenage girls everywhere.
- Denim Cut-offs, preferably with lace details.
- Bodysuits. I distinctly remember my sister wearing a hot pink bodysuit with the shoulder cut-outs and thinking that she looked so cool.
- Overalls. Again, Kelly shows just how cool suspenders can look. Extra points for only bucking one strap and allowing the other to hang loose.
- Giant goose-down coats. The bigger, the better!
Did we miss any trends? Leave a comment!