The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
At ModCloth, we love stockings (and the style icons who have made them popular again, like vintage burlesque fashionista, Dita Von Teese). At this time of year, however, the word “stockings” is usually used to describe those large & furry boot-like socks hanging from the family fireplace. The good news is that just because these stockings are a holiday tradition, doesn’t mean you have to stuff them traditionally! Here are our Top Ten Favorite Stocking Stuffers:
1. A Handwritten Letter is the perfect way to show how you feel without spending any money. Check out this letter that Molly wrote to give to her puppy, Keith Richards:
2. Tickets to a play or concert, or pre-bought movie tickets.
3. Small accessories, such as earrings and rings, hair accessories and socks!
4. Tiny bottles of booze, like Godiva’s delicious Mocha Liqueur sampler:
5. Polaroids. Whether they’re funny, nostalgic or risque is up to you!
6. Perfume, cologne and beauty samples. You know those free samples that just aren’t your style? Instant stocking stuffers! (Want some more free samples? Check these out!)
7. Personalized Stationary and other cute desk stuff.
8. Magazines! There is a magazine for everyone on your list, whether they’re into latin cooking, tats, cigars or beekeeping!
9. Fruit. Not just an alternative to candy – did you know that it’s good luck to receive an apple in your stocking?
10. Little Practical Stuff, like toothpaste, de-icers and AAA membership cards.
What would YOU like to see in your stocking this holiday season?
very cute ideas! I especially like the Polaroids, I intend to put little baked goods in my friends’ stockings =)
Love the list, and thank you for it! Another one I’m using this year is the roll-of-quarters. It’s perfect for college students and city-dwellers and whatnot.
I always put the little toys from the candy machines in my friends. Its cheap and funny.
I always do a little letter in my boyfriend’s stocking 🙂
For the past few years, my Grandmother has shown up with a big bag full of stuff like Chap Stick, batteries, deodorant, razors – little random practical things like that that you don’t realise you REALLY need until it’s sitting in front of you and you think, “Oh, hey, I could use that!”
It sounds a bit weird, but it’s really a clever idea.
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2017 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.