(Image above: bbcgoodfood.com)
There’s nothing better than eating, and holiday foods are some of the most delicious things on the seasonal menu. In honor of eating, drinking, and being merry, this week’s Top Ten is here to talk about the most delicious convivial comestibles around!
10. Egg Nog. Someone was using their noggin when they came up with this concoction.
9. Gelt. There’s no need to feel ‘gelt-y’ when eating such a delicious treat.
8. Coconut Biscuits. Forget being cuckoo for Coco Puffs. We’re cuckoo for Coconut Biscuits!
7. Gumbo. “How is this a holiday food?” you ask. “The world works in mysterious ways,” we respond.
6. Gingerbread. Yummy to eat, and easy to cook-ie.
5. Cheese Balls. Scared to attempt making these? Go on, I ‘dairy’ you to try!
4. Latkes. You say potato. I say potato. We all say delicious.
3. Mince Pie. They’re crazy for these in England.
2. Peanut Soup. Oh legumes, how lovely thou art for fending off the cold.
1. Hot Cocoa. Always a mug full of marvelous.
What are your favorite holiday foods? What foods have become winter traditions in your family?