There are some street names which make you wonder, “What avenues of thought lead to this name?” And no matter what path you take in endeavoring to court a good reason, no matter how much drive you have, you may never find an answer. But enough with these theoretical musings. You’re here to read this week’s Top Ten, so let’s get this show on the road!
10. Lois Lane, Mercer, Pennsylvania. I bet there are a lot of ‘super men’ who live on this street.
9. Bossy Boots Drive, Allen, Texas. Don’t try to tell this drive’s dwellers what to do.
8. Malfunction Junction, Kingston, Arkansas. Remind me never to drive anywhere near this road.
7. Kickapoo Drive, McLean, Illinois. Eww, I don’t want my shoes to smell!
6. Psycho Path, Traverse City, Michigan. That’s one craaazzzzy name!
5. ZZyzx Road, Baker, California. Named on “End of the Alphabet Appreciation Day.”
4. This Ain’t It Road, Dadeville, Alabama. Makes for a good Abbot and Costello skit: “Which road are we looking for?” “This Ain’t it.” “I KNOW this ain’t it, but which road is it?”
3. The intersection of Lonesome Road and Hardup Road, Albany, Georgia. Sounds like a sad place.
2. Magic Pudding Place, Faulconbridge, Australia. Has all the ingredients of a hilarious name.
1. Old Trash Pile Road, Henderson, Louisiana. A personal favorite, they certainly didn’t waste a good name on this street.
Do you live near any amusingly named streets? Or, have you come across any in your travels?