The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
1. Learn something new, either by taking a class at the local community college, reading a how-to or just doing it, already! Some specific things we’d love to learn include sewing, changing our own oil, cooking a delicious meal from scratch and hosting a tea.
2. Take, paint or write a self-portrait to get a sense of how you see yourself. Check out ModCloth photog Danielle’s self-portrait:
3. Take better care of our bodies. We don’t necessarily mean dropping pounds (like every commercial seems to be urging us to do this month), but we do mean forming (and sticking to) healthier habits, like exercising, taking vitamins, drinking more water and cutting down on fat and sugar. Need help getting started? Here’s a Fitness Plan, courtesy of The Center for Young Women’s Health.
Keep reading for more of our New Year Resolutions!
4. Budget. Those bills won’t pay themselves!
5. Call Mom and Dad more often. A look at the old family album should put you in the mood:
6. Reduce stress. Alicia suggests starting a Fire-Y: “Write out your aggressions and frustrations on a piece of paper every day and light them on fire.”
7. Become better at something. For example, I’ve always wanted to hustle a stranger in pool like Julia Roberts does in Mystic Pizza.
8. Volunteer or find another fun way to give back.
9. Travel. Pack that bag! Just because you can’t go abroad doesn’t mean you can’t visit somewhere new this year – even the town next door has something exciting to offer.
10. Participate in an obscure Holiday, such as Talk Like a Pirate Day, National Date Nut Bread Day or Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day.
We’re dying to know- what are your New Year’s Resolutions?
WOW, ModCloth’s photographer is hot…
She definitely is 😀
wear a different outfit every day
Talk Like a Pirate Day! A very festive day indeed.
I like these :). I’d love to travel somewhere new, even if it’s only a few miles away :D. And, I definitely need to drink more water and exercise more 😀
I am new year dreaming, of a new website, camera, photo making and adventures. I want to continue pursuing my business and the idea that one day I can be my own boss. xo
I’d suggest you to RECYCLE more…everything…starting from dresses….!! I know this has become a VEEEERY common suggestion, but I think it’s becoming more and more important to SAVE ENVIRONMENT!
And then….I’d like that everyone (me, first!) would SMILE more ofetn…we all know that smiling is contagious, so…let’s put away our long-faces!!! 😉
11 – Love yourself
[…] number one New Year’s Resolution was to take a class and learn something new. Lately, I’ve been reflecting not only on classes […]
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.