The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
The holiday season is here, and everyone is scrambling to start their holiday gift shopping while prepping for holiday feasts and parties, finishing up the semester and participating in other holiday festivities. But we know that sometimes we all need a break from the usual fare, so we created a list of ten other things to do before 2008 comes to an end.
1. Enter ModCloth Contests to WIN BIG! Friend us on MySpace, Fan us on Facebook, and Enter our 28 Wishes Contest!
2. Out With the Old! Clean out your closet to make room for whatever the new year brings. Donate whatever you don’t need to to your local Goodwill.
3. Sum it Up. Write a journal entry or letter to yourself entitled, “2008 was a _______ year” and go from there. What defined your year? Someday, you’ll love having this personal record.
4. Adopt a Pet. Unfortunately, animal rescues are having a harder time than ever finding families willing to adopt. Check out Petfinder, which searches a bunch of adoption sites for dogs, cats, birds and other animals that need a home. (That’s how I found my cat, Sicily, at the Animal Friends of West Virginia – I’ve been so happy ever since)!
5. Catch Up with an Old Friend. Sometimes we drift apart from people we care about. Why not surprise your long lost friend with a phone call or letter?
6. Clean out your wallet. Put those old gift certificates, leftover gift cards and store credits that are still hanging around from this past year to good use! Better yet – buy a new wallet!
7. Update Your Cell Phone– Still have that dude’s number from two summers back? It’s time to exercise the delete button to make room for new contacts. Trust us, you’ll feel refreshed!
8. Pamper Yourself at a local spa, or at home!
9. Do It Yourself. Always wanted to make a pillow, knit a scarf or pickle your own cucumbers? There’s no time like the present!
10. Check Out a Free Trial at Your Local Gym in preparation for all of the end-of-year partying! This website allows you to customize your search for the perfect gym.
Got something to add to the list? Let us know!
I love deleting old phone numbers! – “Are you sure?”… Oh yes, I’m sure!!
How about a new ‘do?
ohhh Home Spa! I actually have plenty of recipes I’d love to share with the modcloth gals, like my chocolaty mask or bath or my home made vitamin C peeling! I’ll work on a translation in English of those, any how just use anything seasonal, grown without any pesticides will do! Remember to be easy with essential oils and never keep anything greasy more than 20 minutes on your skin or hair!
I’m getting a new do on Saturday! Also, Melissandre, we’d love to hear your recipes. 🙂
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.