[Image Above: kidsbookcorner.wordpress.com]
I’m a fan of the palindrome – with a name like Hannah, I have to be. When you turn palindromes into phrases, or phrases into palindromes rather, that’s when things really start getting fun. So, let’s leap forward to this week’s Top Ten!
10. A Toyota. Race fast, safe car. A Toyota. The secret to winning Nascar is, apparently, a Toyota. Who would have thought?
9. Go hang a salami; I’m a lasagna hog. The perfect meat-lover’s insult.
8. On a clover, if alive, erupts a vast, pure evil; a fire volcano. Hmm…
7. No, Mel Gibson is a casino’s big lemon. Judging by this sour comment, Mr. Gibson should stick to acting.
6. Too bad I hid a boot. Yeah, that’s a real travesty.
5. Wonton on salad? Alas, no, not now! Why not? You should ‘lettuce’ put wontons on our salad!
4. I, madam, I made radio. So I dared! Am I mad? Am I? Someone wrongly fancies himself an iconoclast.
3. Delia sailed, Eva waved, Elias ailed. The story of a love triangle in six words.
2. No sir – away! A papaya war is on. Not a papaya war, no!
1. Panic in a Titanic? I nap. Well, aren’t you the perfect image of sangfroid?
Do you know any good palindromes?