The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
[Image Above: kidsbookcorner.wordpress.com]
I’m a fan of the palindrome – with a name like Hannah, I have to be. When you turn palindromes into phrases, or phrases into palindromes rather, that’s when things really start getting fun. So, let’s leap forward to this week’s Top Ten!
10. A Toyota. Race fast, safe car. A Toyota. The secret to winning Nascar is, apparently, a Toyota. Who would have thought?
9. Go hang a salami; I’m a lasagna hog. The perfect meat-lover’s insult.
8. On a clover, if alive, erupts a vast, pure evil; a fire volcano. Hmm…
7. No, Mel Gibson is a casino’s big lemon. Judging by this sour comment, Mr. Gibson should stick to acting.
6. Too bad I hid a boot. Yeah, that’s a real travesty.
5. Wonton on salad? Alas, no, not now! Why not? You should ‘lettuce’ put wontons on our salad!
4. I, madam, I made radio. So I dared! Am I mad? Am I? Someone wrongly fancies himself an iconoclast.
3. Delia sailed, Eva waved, Elias ailed. The story of a love triangle in six words.
2. No sir – away! A papaya war is on. Not a papaya war, no!
1. Panic in a Titanic? I nap. Well, aren’t you the perfect image of sangfroid?
Do you know any good palindromes?
If you put the phrase “sides reversed is” after any palindrome, and then put the palindrome again, it’s an entire new palindrome!
“A man, a plan, a canal, Panama” sides reversed is “a man, a plan, a canal, Panama”.
I heard that this one was the first palindrome ever: “Madam, I’m Adam.”
All palindrome fans should check out Demetri Martin’s 224 word poem in palindrome form.
Nurse, I spy gypsies — run! 🙂
Sit on a potato pan, Otis.
A Man A Canal, Panama!
A man, a plan, a canal, Panama.
Are we not drawn onward, we few, drawn onward to new era?
Here’s what Napoleon said when he was captured:
Able was I ere I saw Elba
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.