(Image Above: Secret Shadows Blog)
Did you know that one in ten people listens to Barry Manilow each night before bed? Actually, that’s not true. There are, however, plenty of other useless facts to fill up your head. Since we know you’re just aching to fill your noggin with trivial trivia, this week’s top ten is henceforth the Top Ten Random Facts That You Didn’t Really Need to Know. Enjoy!
10. 1 in 5,000 North Atlantic lobsters are born bright blue. They probably spend all day singing, “I’m blue abadeabadi abadeeeabadi abadeeabadi.”
9. The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache. That must be un-bare-able for him. How can he face the other kings?
8. The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley’s gum. Guess the bar code worked well because they stuck to using it.
7. Pliny asserts that kissing a donkey’s nostril will cure the common cold. If you believe this you’ll make a… fool… of yourself.
6. Starfish don’t have brains. Apparently, grey matter doesn’t matter for these sea creatures.
5. A lump of pure gold the size of a matchbook can be flattened into a sheet the size of a tennis court. I wonder if putting gold on a tennis court would reduce its net worth.
4. Astronauts get taller when they are in space. This one might be stretching the truth.
3. With two forks and a charge, a pickle will emit light. Glowing pickles? I’ve got to see that.
2. Fortune cookies were actually invented in America, in 1918, by Charles Jung. I wonder if this lucky man dreamed them up sitting in bed.
1. Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite. Really? That’s absolutely nuts!