The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
(Image Above: from http://lavendercastle.com)
We’ve all heard the line, “I lost my number, can I have yours?” This is all good and well (by which I mean forehead-slapping bad), but there are far more creative ways to be unsuccessful. For a few of the funnier ones, take a gander at this week’s Top Ten Terrible Pick-Up Lines. What’s the worst pick-up line you’ve ever heard?
10. If you were a new hamburger at McDonald’s, you would be McGorgeous. No, I would not like fries with that.
9. Will you be my horcrux tonight, so l can give a piece of my soul to you? If this person isn’t JK (either the author or, “Just Kidding”), this merits use of the Evanesco spell.
8. Hey baby, you must be a light switch, ’cause every time I see you, you turn me on! One good way to kill the spark between two people.
7. I’m attracted to you like the Earth is attracted to the Sun – with a large force inversely proportional to the distance squared. Whoever uses this one might not realize the gravity of their mistake.
6. Do you have a map? ‘Cause Honey, I just keep gettin lost in your eyes. And we all thought men didn’t ask for directions.
5. You must be Windows 95, because you got me so unstable. Feel feel to boot out anyone who tries to boot up a convo with this one.
4. Whenever I am near you, I undergo anaerobic respiration, because you take my breath away. Brings up great memories of high school biology, like dissecting little creatures.
3. You’re so hot, you denature my proteins. There’s clearly no chemistry in a potential relationship here.
2. According to the second law of thermodynamics, you’re supposed to share your hotness with me. Unfortunately for this one, the world works in strange ways.
1. My love for you is like a fractal – it goes on forever. You + me no longer equals us.
God, i thought I had heard all the bad ones, but these are worse. I love the hp one though. it cracks me up
Those are hilarious! I’m off to try #3 on someone!
I agree, the Harry Potter one is so epically bad/awesome, I have to repeat it somehow.
These are awful! If someone said them to me I just might laugh at them!!!
Hahaha. I would never use any of them, but I adore cheesy pickup lines.
And Hannah, I just read in your bio that you love the word “rapscallion.” Ku-DOS. That’s one of my favorite words as well!
Oh, I forgot to add – one of my personal favorites is one that I heard on Whose Line is it Anyway: “If I told you that you have a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?” Heh.
Love those science-inspired ones!! Denature my proteins, ahaha. Love them!
Harry Potter FTW.
Wow, whoever compiled this list must have been hit on by their school’s science club. Biologist, physicist, chemist…oh, and the odd computer geek who’s still mocking Windows 95, hahaha!
The Harry Potter one is so stupid it could actually work!
Haha, they’re quite brilliant. Though anyone who manages to work HP into ‘normal’ conversation wins in my book. Maybe it needs to be a bit more subtle though.
One of the bad ones I’ve heard was, ‘If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together’. Kind of clever, but no.
If someone came on to me with one of these, I’d have to give them a chance – they’re just too funny! Then again… maybe not. XD
Laura, you are a rapscallion!
I wish I was DNA polymerase so I could unzip your genes.
It’s always been my favorite!
all of these are hilarious!
especially the windows ’95 one, i think that has to be my favorite
Being a full-on geek, I actually loved some of them..
Hahah love them.
What about this? (for math geeks everywhere)
I wish I were a derivative so I could lie tangent to your curves.
If you were my homework, I’d slam you down on the kitchen table and do you all night long.
These are all super nerdy, and therefore I love them. Especially the HP one, though I’ve always preferred “I would watch your dot all summer.”
I heard this one recently:
“How much does a polar bear weigh?”
“Enough to break the ice; can I buy you a drink?”
As a lover of terrible pick-up lines, I was actually pretty impressed by it’s creativity.
If you were a booger, I’d pick you first!
haha love the hp one…. =D
#5 would definitely get me haha. As a guy, if a girl says anything nerdy with confidence I swoon.
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.