The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
Nestled between Halloween and Christmas, chilly little November often gets neglected. Sure, Thanksgiving gets a heap of press, but that’s only one day in an entire month — that’s why we decided to come up with the Top Ten Things We Love About November (besides Thanksgiving).
1. Election Day. We were thrilled with the results of the election, but whether your guy won or not, this day was historic for many reasons (including the highest percentage of voter turnout on record) !
2. HandMade Arcade. This weekend in Shadyside! Stay tuned, as Emily will be blogging allll about it…
3.The Arrival of Winter Brews at our local distributor (and putting Frangelico in everything else) !
4. November Shows, including Pandemic World Music Night this Friday at brillobox.
5. Lip Stain and Textured Tights. As the weather turns from cool to cold, you’re free to wear those darker tints and cozy legwear.
6. Movember. Alicia found this info about the Australian custom on Wikipedia: “It’s quite common for some males in Australia … to sport a mustache during the month of November. The custom being known as Movember… a fundraising event for men’s health issues … A similar observance in the United States, called No Shave November, involves a full beard as opposed to a mustache.” For more info, check out the official Movember site.
7. Football and Hockey in the same month! Woo!
8. Book Releases, including Toni Morrison’s A Mercy and Bob Dylan & Barry Feinstein’s Hollywood Foto-Rhetoric.
9. ModCloth Birthdays. We can’t wait to celebrate another year with Lindsay, Tim, Amanda and Susan.
10. The First Big Snow. We’re so excited, we can almost taste the hot chocolate (even if we’re too old to wish for a two-hour delay)! Who knows? The first big snowfall may be just around the corner…
Now, it’s your turn. What do YOU love about November?
You’re never too old for a two-hour delay!!
the COOOOLLLLD NOOOOVEEEEMBER RAIN
First of all, I have to say that I am SUPER happy with the election results too!
This November I am excited to go back home to Wheeling, WV to see my family! And, no its not during thanksgiving, but rather for my dad’s awesome b-day party in Pittsburgh, PA. I moved away a year ago to Washington, D.C. so I am really excited to visit my family 🙂
NO-SHAVE NOVEMBER is the best thing ever! yay for facial hair!
however, i also enjoy suprising the squirrels as they’re frantically burrying their nuts in my flowerboxes. and the acdc concert coming up in minneapolis!
Modcloth, thank you for knowing about Movember! It’s actually a New Zealand thing too, and as a NZ-er living in the US at the moment, I just got SO EXCITED that someone actually referenced Movember, makes me feel all home-y! 😀
We are excited about Movember, too! Good luck to all the participants and keep us posted on your journey. 🙂
Lora, tell your dad we said Happy Bday! Can we come to the party? 🙂
In Italy there’s a special day that all the good-food-lovers wait all spring&summer: the 6th of november is the official day for “Novello” wine, a very special and unique non-fermented red wine, that good old fellows use to taste with chestnut….preferably all in circle near a fireplace!!!
And then…what’s better thanchangin the cool late-summer sheets with some coloured, soft and cozy cover???!!
We Minnesotans like to call it Novembeard. And yes…everyone here this month competes for the most epic beard.
Im peruvian.we are in spring, all te leaves are falling down and make like a green brown crispy carpet, Animals and plants are in love and you can see the new shoots and brood wherever!!
and its also my b-day, november 18!! the next tuesday!!
pd. sorry for my english
I can’t believe no one’s said anything about the foliage yet! I hate the cold, but on an exceptionally warmer day in early November, the sky is velvet blue and the leaves are toasty red and orange…
I also love the certain feeling of anticipation as we wait for the holidays, starting with Thanksgiving.
I love the preperation for Christmas….Because once halloween is done, you start preparing for thanksgiving and with that christmas…Stores put up decorations, people bundled up, tree lots begining to be put up, it gets colder and colder until it snows all around. I just love November…I dont love that its currently 70 here in Oakland…I miss my cold crunchy autumn of the north west
my birthday! Nov. 20th!
in australia it’s mid spring, we finish exams and school, it’s my birthday and the migration to the coast begins
Backpacking in Utah! not too hot, not too terribly cold and all in a shiny gold down coat!
Soo much to love about November! Thanks, guys!
Definately the beauty of the trees. I’m from Albuquerque and whenever I walk my dog or drive by the Bosque (our little forest bordering our river) the beautiful colors just astoud me. Not to mention that they are bordered by such an awesome blue sky that is hardly ever cloudy and never smoggy.
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.