Working at ModCloth, we often feel like we’re living the dream … but that doesn’t mean we don’t still wistfully imagine what it would be like to wear a different hat for a day. Here are ten things we still think would be pretty cool to do for a living:
1. Travel Reporter. We can’t imagine a sweeter deal than getting paid to investigate different countries and cultures. If this interests you, too, be sure to check out Wayn.com, a social network designed to help people like us travel more often and connect with other people who like to do the same thing!
2. Circus Performer. When asked what I wanted to do when I was in kindergarten, I always answered, “An acrobat.” At 25, I can barely do a cartwheel, but I can still enjoy a good performance:
3. Jane Goodall. Even if you’re not a fan of chimpanzees, wouldn’t it be neat to study the animal of your choice in their natural habitat? We think so! For now, at least we can donate to the cause.
Keep reading to find out more of our dream jobs!
4. Ice Cream Scientist. How awesome would it be to create ice cream flavors as your job? For now, we’ll have to settle for playing with all of the fun stuff on Ben & Jerry’s website, like the Flavor Generator.
5. Astronaut. NASA actually has a section on their website called “Astronaut Selection,” so if this is a dream of yours, check it out! Since 1959, only 231 astronauts have been selected from the thousands of applications that they receive each year.
6. Professional Video Game Tester. You have to be careful with this one, because there are alot of scams that claim that they will pay you to play video games from home, but will actually make you pay for them out of your pocket. However, testing video games is a legitimate profession, just ask Associated Content.
7. President of the United States of America. It’s a difficult job, but someone has to do it (and, some day, one of us will)!
8. Roller Coaster Designer AHHHHHHHHH!
9. Professional Nose. That’s right. People get paid to sniff and provide feedback on fragrances and, according to SimplyHired.com, they make a pretty good living.
10. Drag Racer. Sure, it’s dangerous, but we bet it’s super-exhilarating to cross that finish line, especially if you’re this woman.